Modifying Droidworx CX with Phantom Retractable Landing Gear

Discussion in 'General Drone Forums' started by Jonathan, Nov 22, 2014.

1. Jonathan

Jonathan Drone Expert
    Crew

Aug 31, 2013
    Male
    Drone Aerial Photographer
    York
    So I put some rather diddy retracts on my Droidworx CX. A bit small because they're meant for a DJI Phantom, but I can easily make them a little bigger.

2. holyforehead

holyforehead New Member

Aug 31, 2013
    Certainly looks like a worthwhile modification, especially now that you don't risk getting the landing gear in shot. My only concern would be that the gait is a bit too narrow, with such a high centre of gravity on narrow skis I imagine you'll be tipping over sideways a lot easier on landing now, but I could be wrong, I don't know how much that goPro brings the CoG down! Perhaps when you extend the skis length ways you might want to consider finding a way to extend them sideways as well (obviously this presents more of challenge because you'll be striking your props if you extend out too much!)

Anyway great video as always, bit of an unfortunate landing at the end though  :p

3. Jonathan

Jonathan Drone Expert
    Crew

Aug 31, 2013
    Male
    Drone Aerial Photographer
    York
    I can just make the legs longer, their angle will make it wider at the bottom. They won't hit the props, they are on top and the gear is on the bottom - it would only be a problem if I went coaxial. I had to dry everything out after that ending, still works now though. :)