Maintenance Schedule for Drones?

Discussion in 'DJI Drones' started by Mystery.Shadow, May 1, 2017.

1. Mystery.Shadow

Mystery.Shadow Active Member

Nov 17, 2015
    Male
    I know nothing lasts "forever". So was wondering is there any real schedule for replacing parts?

Example: Props. Use them until they are cracked or broken? Or should they be replaced at any regular interval?

How about motors? Should they not be rebuilt after so many hours of use?

Etc, etc, etc....

2. Jonathan

Jonathan Drone Expert
    Crew

Aug 31, 2013
    Male
    Drone Aerial Photographer
    York
    #2 Jonathan, May 1, 2017
    Last edited: May 3, 2017
    Props can last a long time, especially the modern ones like we have now. I just check them for cracks, chips and wear and tear. Motors are pretty hard wearing too. I've only had one fail in the last few years, and that was on a DJI Phantom 3 Pro and the app told me it was faulty and wouldn't let me fly! Just keep checking them, make sure they spin nice and freely by hand, and make sure they're still firmly attached to the drone. Sometimes they can get dust inside, which might make them spin a bit rough after a while. You can try buying some canned air to clear them out of this happens. I don't think I've kept many drones more than a year or so though, and the drones I've had longer get used less now than they did when I bought them.

3. Mystery.Shadow

Mystery.Shadow Active Member

Nov 17, 2015
    Male
    Okay thanks Jonathan!

I know I've taken my Drone onto sandy beaches, and flew in dusty conditions. But the props all spin freely, and don't get any alerts on the DJI Go App.