DJI Phantom 3 Pro or Yuneec Q500 Typhoon G

Discussion in 'General Discussions and Intros' started by Andrew Littler, Jan 1, 2016.

1. Andrew Littler

Andrew Littler New Member

Jan 1, 2016
    Male
    York
    Hi All,

I am pretty new to the drone scene. I have got a simple Parrot Bebop 1 with no sky controller and this has left me wanting more from a drone as a beginner as I progress. I find the bebop fun but using a touch screen slow and awkward. It also drifts in the wind which can be annoying and worrying in case of a fly away. I was OK until I flew the drone over the York Racecouse a few days ago and then I got monstered by a DJI Inspire 1.... I was left with a serious sense of drone envy!! So my current dilemma is... (The Inspire is way out of budget) I have a GOPRO Hero 4 Black and was thinking of buying a Yuneec Q500 Typhoon G as this seems to be the logical next step. But... I can't help thinking I would be missing out on the DJI Phantom 3 scene if I went for the Pro 4K version. Can anyone help shed any light as I see both users if DJI P3 and Q500 on this forum. Obvious reasons for the Q500 is price as its almost half the price of the P3 as I own a GoPro already. Will I be disappointed on the range? Will it perform and satisfy? How does it compare to the P3 Pro? Or am I jumping the gun ans should I wait until the new drones being marketed to arrive on the scene such as a Karma? Awaiting feedback please guys.

2. Vmaxcec

Vmaxcec New Member

Dec 24, 2015
    Male
    Crowborough
    Hi Andrew, I have the Q500 4k which is my first drone (not counting a £70 cheapy thing that fly away lol). The Q500 is very easy to fly,, its not as fast as the DJI but that suits me being a beginner.. the 4k is roughly the same price as the phantom 3 I think..
    I think its a great drone... video quality is great in 4k and you get a steady grip hand held with the Yuneec.
    The built in android system/screen works for me as I don't have a tablet, shock, horror.
    The distance on the Dji is a lot better but I wont be flying mine out of sight anyway (neither should others lol) so that's not a prob neither. Ive never flown a dji so I cant comment on it really..
    Is the Q500 G much cheaper than the 4K?
    Hopes this helps in some way.

Cheers
    Dave

3. dronehdtv

dronehdtv Active Member

I own yuneec q500 plus and 4k version. I would suggest DJI 3 pro or at least advanced.. Better in the long run