Typhoon Q500 4k

Discussion in 'Yuneec Drones' started by bigplanetmedia, Sep 18, 2015.

1. bigplanetmedia

bigplanetmedia New Member

Sep 18, 2015
    [font='PT Sans', sans-serif]Typhoon Q500 4k is it worth the hype.  I see that the colors seem to favor the warm spectrum, (orange).  Anyway I have flown the DJI's can't say anything bad except a flyway... Looking to get this just don't know if the camera is worth it.  Or should I go with the G model and use my go pro 4+.... then I was wondering if I went with that would I be able to switch between photos and video in flight....[/font]

2. Jonathan

Jonathan Drone Expert
    Crew

Aug 31, 2013
    Male
    Drone Aerial Photographer
    York
    Hi bigplanetmedia, thanks for taking the trouble to join.

I'm not sure how the controller works with the Gopro gimbal, it might be exactly the same? I can find out though.

I do like Yuneec as a company, and I think the Q500s have a better look than the Phantoms. Coming with a handheld gimbal and everything you need in the box, including the box, is also a big bonus for me.

The CGO3 is pretty damn good, but just not quite as good as the DJI Phantom 3 camera, through some prefer the tones of the Yuneec it suffers more from zaggies a little bit on straight lines, like fences and rail tracks etc.

The Yuneec is a very sedate flying machine, relaxing even. It doesn't cope with winds above 10mph as well as the Phantom.

I don't think the Gopro is better than the CGO3, unless you upgrade it to a flatter lens maybe?

The Yuneec doesn't have a great video range, about 350m/1000ft ish unless you add an aftermarket booster. I don't really care about that myself because I don't really need to go that far for what I'm doing.

To be honest, if it wasn't for the Phantom 3 the Q500 4K would be the best thing out there at that price at the moment.

I often take the P3 out, and the Q500 4K as a back-up. Depends what you're after I guess, I like it myself. I certainly don't think you'd be thinking pfft, what a load of shit if you got it.

Hope that helps? Feel free to ask anything I missed. :)

3. bigplanetmedia

bigplanetmedia New Member

Sep 18, 2015
    Thanks I went ahead and bought it. Hopefully get it in the next few days I will send video asap.... Looking forward to it.

4. Jonathan

Jonathan Drone Expert
    Crew

Aug 31, 2013
    Male
    Drone Aerial Photographer
    York
    Cool, glad I didn't say it was a pile of crap then. :)

5. Dava

Dava Active Member

Sep 3, 2013
    Male
    Walrus polisher.
    Cool, I'm interested in this too.

6. Sara

Sara Drone Minds Presenter/Pilot

Sep 9, 2015
    Female
    York, UK
    I am learning to fly this now, it is nice.

7. Ragnarok

Ragnarok Member

Jul 28, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    I think this might be my choice also, but it is quite big decision for me.