This weekends filming - Dambusters secret location

Discussion in 'Yuneec Drones' started by dronehdtv, Nov 1, 2015.

1. dronehdtv

dronehdtv Active Member

[font=Roboto, arial, sans-serif]On the outbreak of World War II the fort was rearmed with two 6 inches (15 cm) ex-naval guns and two searchlights as a Coastal artillery battery . The site was also used as a test launch site for rockets and experimental weapons.[/font]

[font=Roboto, arial, sans-serif]Two gun positions were built to mount the ex-naval guns in their turrets. These were later protected with a "plastic" anti-aircraft roof. One position was built over the ruins of the old west battery and the other partly obscures the north west battery. The barrack blocks were converted and the windows partly blocked to reduce the effects of blast. Several other associated structures, including searchlight batteries for illuminating seaborne targets, a command post and the barracks for the garrison were built outside the original Palmeston fort.[9][/font]

[font=Roboto, arial, sans-serif]The site was manned by 365 and 366 Coast Batteries RA of 571 Coast Regiment in 1942.[9][/font]

[font=Roboto, arial, sans-serif]Several experimental weapons were trialled at Brean, by the Admiralty's Directorate of Miscellaneous Weapons Development, based at HMS Birnbeck.[10] The only evidence being a short length of launching rail,[11] designed to launch a bouncing bomb.[8][/font]

[font=Roboto, arial, sans-serif]Some of the better known weapons trialled were the seaborne Bouncing bomb designed specifically to bounce to a target such as across water to avoid torpedo nets, Anti-submarine missile AMUCK and the expendable acoustic emitter (designed to confuse noise seeking torpedoes). and the bouncing bomb runway! Lots more history search google.. I filmed this over 2 days, when no one was there at 7am and when the fog came in I was alone walking up the path. I felt emotional but at peace. I left the final edit in silence for the only reason. War and hate is not my agenda, I hope the world and people in it find the calm place too.. This edit was emotional not sure why? but it was a great shoot![/font]

2. Ragnarok

Ragnarok Member

Jul 28, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    Really well done. I like the use of old clips and sounds integrated with your own filming.

3. dronehdtv

dronehdtv Active Member

Thanks, it just seemed to fit and make itself this video.

4. Dava

Dava Active Member

Sep 3, 2013
    Male
    Walrus polisher.
    Agreed great video. Is the bit that looks like tracks a rocket launcher?

5. dronehdtv

dronehdtv Active Member

Yes this is what remains of the runway rails of the prototype bouncing bomb.