Discussion in 'General Discussions and Intros' started by Mick, Oct 15, 2014.

1. Mick

Mick Member

Oct 15, 2014
    Hi guys, Mick from Ireland here, just introducing myself to this great & very interesting forum.  Just recently got into rc flying in the last few months. Started off with a few little micro heli's, flying them mostly indoors & then I ventured outside with a UDI u829A multicopter & have recently purchased a Twister QuattroX with a Hero3 cam, (different class of a machine). Anyway hello everyone. ;)

2. Jonathan

Jonathan Drone Expert
    Crew

Aug 31, 2013
    Male
    Drone Aerial Photographer
    York
    Oo, never heard of the Twister QuattroX, had to google it. Looks pretty good, what's it like to fly? Have you done any videos?

3. Mick

Mick Member

Oct 15, 2014
    Hi Jonathan, the QuattroX is very nice to fly indeed, gps mode I use alot for videoing as it is simple to engage & holds it in position. You can climb or decend in the mode which is great if you want to go high in gradual steps and keep it right over your head. Throttle has to be kept in the middle for it to work with little momentary inputs of up or down what ever you desire. Successfull calibration is imperative for all modes to work. The orange fluorescent front is very handy for orientation & the LEDS underneath look pretty cool in bad light. It's early days yet,  have done a few videos and they have came out fantastic in HD if a little wobbly at times due to my inexperience but I'll struggle on.  Overall I'm pleased with the whole package so far.

4. holyforehead

holyforehead New Member

Aug 31, 2013
    Hey Mick, welcome to the forum! Can't wait to see some videos as you get more experienced and confident, perhaps you might consider writing a small review of the QuattroX in the Multirotors section, I'd like to know what sort of flight times you're getting! :)

5. Mick

Mick Member

Oct 15, 2014
    Flight times are between 10-15mins depending on payload. I got a comfortable 10mins with a Hero3 camera with it's casing, though I went up to about 200ft & down & up again to 100ft until I got the low battery warning, so it was'nt the most economical flight.( That was with the supplied 2700mAh battery).  I bought spare Giant Power 2800mAh battery which I have yet to find out how much better it should be. With a good sharp chisel, I had to shave a little off the foam inserts that are in the battery compartment to fit this battery in,it was a tight fit.  I use the Hero3 camera without it's casing now as it should give me extra min. or 2.  I'll report back on my findings later.