A 7 minute flight by the Balcombe Viaduct, Sussex..

Discussion in 'Drone Aerial Videos and Photographs' started by Vmaxcec, Mar 3, 2016.

1. Vmaxcec

Vmaxcec New Member

Dec 24, 2015
    Male
    Crowborough
    Managed to get out last Friday... only my 3rd outing since I got the Q500.. weather been either too windy or wet when ive had the time to go out..
    It does go on a bit.. ill get better at editing with more flights etc
    Cant wait till the summer

2. Sara

Sara Drone Minds Presenter/Pilot

Sep 9, 2015
    Female
    York, UK
    great location, must remember to visit if Drone Minds is ever down South. You're brave, flying under the Viaduct ;) I would be worried about the video link getting cut off, but the Q500 seemed to cope well. We seem to have the same style of landing :p

3. Vmaxcec

Vmaxcec New Member

Dec 24, 2015
    Male
    Crowborough
    lol... that's not me,, its the Q500 honest.. it does like to bounce a bit before landing.
    Why would the video link get cut off?

4. Sara

Sep 9, 2015
    Female
    York, UK
    I think its because Q500 uses a wi-fi connection with the controller ST10+ (phantom uses radio on the other hand) and when flying behind trees, structures etc it can sometimes lose the connection

5. Vmaxcec

Vmaxcec New Member

Dec 24, 2015
    Male
    Crowborough
    Thanks for that... ill have to remember that.. and make sure it doesn't go out of sight whilst flying...

6. Sara

Sep 9, 2015
    Female
    York, UK
    yeah that's always the best policy, especially if you're still new I have lost orientation a few times (though find it easier to see the front of the Q500 compared to the phantom)