250 quadcopter fault

Discussion in 'General Drone Forums' started by millband1986, May 25, 2015.

1. millband1986

millband1986 New Member

May 14, 2015
    http://youtu.be/bQBV0sjYfUk If u can see buy video with no throttle response front left motor carrys on spinning I haven't flown it brought from radio was advertised as completley set up just bind and fly thought I'd test all controls were working correctly before installing the props I'm new to the hobby so I no nothing

2. Jonathan

Jonathan Drone Expert
    Crew

Aug 31, 2013
    Male
    Drone Aerial Photographer
    York
    You probably need to do the throttle ranges for each motor, most new people don't know about that. The motors and ESCs need to know the range of zero to a hundred percent on your radio's throttle stick.

If you haven't done this it's very easy. One at a time, plug your ESC wire directly into your throttle channel with the throttle all the way up then power up your quad. When you hear a beep, immediately set the throttle to zero - that's it! You can test it by throttling upon down, masking sure it goes full power at the top and stops at the bottom.

P.S. if you find your throttle is reversed when you plug the ESC into your throttle channels, i.e. so full throttle is at the bottom, just do the same as above but remember the throttle is upside down so full throttle is temporarily at the bottom, it will still do the job and work fine when you plug it back into your flight controller.

Here is a video that shows some guy doing this: