Yuneec Tornado H920

Discussion in 'Yuneec Drones' started by Mystery.Shadow, Feb 25, 2016.

1. Mystery.Shadow

Mystery.Shadow Active Member

Nov 17, 2015
    Male
  2. Jonathan

Jonathan Drone Expert
    Crew

Aug 31, 2013
    Male
    Drone Aerial Photographer
    York
    I haven't flown one but I did get a good look at one at an expo. It's a lot lighter than it looks and folds down. The GH4 type camera would be nice, and the zoom camera you can get. I can't decide if it's worth the money though. It's been around a while now too, so they might make a newer version with more functions.

3. Mystery.Shadow

Nov 17, 2015
    Male
    Yuneec claims that the Tornado H920 can fly even if it loses a prop! They also say that since it's a sealed unit, you can fly it in light rain.

Be real interested if these claims are actually true!

We've all seen video of Drones which have lost a prop [for whatever reason!]

4. Sara

Sara Drone Minds Presenter/Pilot

Sep 9, 2015
    Female
    York, UK
    my understanding is that you've got redundancy...if one motor/prop fails then you still should be able to land with the remaining gear...but not sure if its worth it...I'd look at the camera and cost in comparison to maybe inspire 1 with X5 camera. (@Jonathan has also flown it in the light rain) and we use zoom lens: Olympus M.ZUIKO Digital ED 14-42mm f3.5-5.6 works perfect.
    that's what I read about the tornado http://cheesycam.com/yuneec-tornado-h920-drone-with-micro-four-thirds-cg04-camera-ces-2016/

5. Arthur89777

Arthur89777 New Member

Feb 17, 2016
    Male
    Well, I had lauched and flown the drones some time. But this one is unic)
    I liked the controller. It has a screen. This allows you to not by FPV system. That's great. I'll try to assemble drone like this one)

6. Mystery.Shadow

Nov 17, 2015
    Male
    I understand the idea of redundancy, but with more motors/props there's more that could go wrong. But my beef is, every time I've seen a drone lose a prop, it goes down in a spiraling chaotic deathspin. Even larger birds like octocopters.

Was hoping the Tornado would have object detection and collision detection like some of the other Yuneec drones.

Sara likes this.