Parrot Anafi 4K Drone Flight Over Lake and Trees

Discussion in 'General Drone Forums' started by Jonathan, Sep 2, 2018.

1. Jonathan

Jonathan Drone Expert
    Crew

Aug 31, 2013
    Male
    Drone Aerial Photographer
    York
    I haven't put up a video in ages, so I got out and about this week and made this little video, with the little Anafi drone, which I'm growing to like quite a lot.
    This video flies of water and trees, lots of ripples and details, to see how the camera can cope.

2. leluckK

leluckK New Member

Sep 2, 2018
    Male
    Hi and thanks for your answer on Youtube (I am lulu)
    I am waiting for the Anafi to be less expansive and I am almost sure to buy it one day or another.
    I own a Mavic Pro and am very glad with it but the camera. It seems to me that the Anafi's raw videos are easier to grade.
    This is why I am so interrested if I could download raw Plog rushes of contrysides :)
    The Anafi is described as very silent and this is what I look for. This is a drone for me hihi...

As I said your video is very fine, smooth, seems sharp as well. This is typically what i like :)

3. Jonathan

Jonathan Drone Expert
    Crew

Aug 31, 2013
    Male
    York
    Hi lulu, sorry for the slow reply, I was busy yesterday.
    It is definitely quieter than the DJI drones, the Mavic Pro and even the Mavic Air. It's even a tiny bit lighter than the Mavic Air.
    I've been using it indoors at weddings, and it's been very popular with guests. With music playing you can't hear it at all. People only noticed it when they felt the breeze overhead. The pictures aren't as good as the Phantom 4 Pro, or probably not the new Mavic 2 Pro, but it's so convenient and light I'm glad I've got it.
    I've uploaded 2 files here straight from the drone (you will need to download them to your computer to see properly):
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/uexd43fcdtvevnd/AABfQ555Cb414HteMc0aFN2Oa?dl=0
    One is 24fps at a beach and one is plog with traffic and countryside.
    The video is usable for me for many situations, which is amazing considering how small it is compared to what I've had in the past.

4. leluckK

leluckK New Member

Sep 2, 2018
    Male
    Thanks a lot. I will download now :)

5. leluckK

leluckK New Member

Sep 2, 2018
    Male
    Compared to my Mavic Pro the videos are really much less sharp. We can improve a little bit in Premiere Pro (or other) but not so much as some parts of the pictures would be oversharped. The lens is fixfocus, this has probably something to do.
    But the colors are wonderful! It is almost 2 years that I try to have something decent with my Mavic Pro. Yellowish, greenish, sad, too much magenta as soon as I try to do something etc. My low cost Leagoo chinese phone is better, my Sony actioncam too.
    Here this is so nice!
    The seaside is usually something very difficult to restore and this example is totally convincing
    It is really a pity that the pictures is so soft
    Thanks a lot for your kidness
    Luc

Jonathan likes this.
  6. Jonathan

Jonathan Drone Expert
    Crew

Aug 31, 2013
    Male
    York
    It is a bit soft, especially if you use the "lossless" zoom. The advantage for me is it's almost half the price of a mavic and a lot lighter and quiter, and it doesn't have all the data collection and occasional compass error stuff. I'm very interested the try the Mavic 2 though.

7. leluckK

leluckK New Member

Sep 2, 2018
    Male
    This is the point for me: quiter, quick and easy to operate, with a good video quality.
    Here in France, people are suspicious, because TV only report negative things concerning drones. It is forbidden to use them almost everywhere where it would be interesting, specially where I live because of military installations.
    This is why I try to be quiet, as much as possible hidden
    Did you update the firmware? as the last one (about 1 week ago) seems to have increased the quality a little bit and has a new sharpness setting
    I hope a hack to be able to use FCC power because here the range is very limited with CEE

The Mavic 2 seems to be a must. But it is heavier than the Mavic Pro 1 (that I have now) and will very soon require a license to operate it here in France. And the price is too high for me. I cant afford a new expensive bird every 2 years...