New Drone, did I mess up

Discussion in 'Drone Beginners Corner' started by Luther, Nov 9, 2017.

1. Luther

Luther New Member

Nov 8, 2017
    Male
    Hello, I just bought a Typhoon Q500 4K Drone. I am a beginner but have flown the double rotor helicopters and airplanes. But I still consider myself new. My question is with black Friday coming up should I return the one I have have not been flown or anything and wait for a better deal on black Friday for a better drone or is the one I have a good one? I wanted everything that the Typhoon has 4k, follow me, the get out of trouble button that will land itself for me. Or maybe should I go with a smaller one but I still want all those options. Please just give me straight answers due to I asked same questions on a different forum and all I got was smart a$$ answers from a lot of people. Thanks to everyone in advance. I would like to add that the Typhoon I got did not come with the extra battery nor did it come with a carring bag or box

2. Jonathan

Jonathan Drone Expert
    Crew

Aug 31, 2013
    Male
    Drone Aerial Photographer
    York
    It’s not a bad drone, but it is quite old now. The Typhoon H is newer, but has the same camera and is itself about 18 month old. The q500 4K is about 30 months old though, so the Typhoon H is a lot newer and can also be had fairly cheap. The newest Yuneec drone is the H520, but that is a lot more expensive. If you can I would at least swap the q500 for the H. This all assuming you like Yuneec, which aren’t bad at all. There are various DJI drones you could consider also.

3. Luther

Luther New Member

Nov 8, 2017
    Male
    I have no idea about the Yuneec brand, and which DJI would be a good one?

4. Jonathan

Jonathan Drone Expert
    Crew

Aug 31, 2013
    Male
    Drone Aerial Photographer
    York
    The Mavic Pro is small, easy to carry and has a longer flight time than the q500, plus the video quality is very similar, perhaps a little better even? Plus the live video reception is very good on pretty much all DJI models. It’s quite brilliant really, and makes a good first drone if you can afford it?
    The DJI Phantom 4 Pro is bigger, but still smaller than the Q500, and more expensive, but the photos and video are better. All the recent DJI models have intelligent functions, point of interest, waypoints and follow me etc. All the new Yuneec models also have this. The q500 has limited intelligent functions, just follow me really.

5. Dava

Dava Active Member

Sep 3, 2013
    Male
    Walrus polisher.
    Mavic is awesome def recommend! Yuneec drones also have a loyal following though. DJI is by far the bigger more popular drone company but Yuneec is above all the other consumer drones besides DJI at least thats the way I see it!