mtech skydrone plus help

Discussion in 'General Discussions and Intros' started by flyingmole, May 9, 2016.

1. flyingmole

flyingmole New Member

May 9, 2016
    Male
    hi all i have just bought a mtech skydrone plus quad a couple of days ago it came with a 4 gig card
    but when i tried to record a flight video on my 1st go it didnt record
    any ideas?

2. Sara

Sara Drone Minds Presenter/Pilot

Sep 9, 2015
    Female
    York, UK
    this may sound too easy, but have you tried another card?

3. flyingmole

flyingmole New Member

May 9, 2016
    Male
    yes i have tried a 4gb and a 32gb but im going to buy another 1 and see what happens

4. Jonathan

Jonathan Drone Expert
    Crew

Aug 31, 2013
    Male
    Drone Aerial Photographer
    York
    I don't have that particular drone, but I'm asking a stupid question - are you sure you read the instructions properly and it was set to record? Some of these types of drone can be pretty obscure with how they let you know they are recording - sometimes a camera light might flash, sometimes not, sometimes a light is green, or red, or purple, they're all pretty random sometimes and don't make a lot of sense. I'm often like, "so what does that blue light mean (or whatever), is it actually recording or not?!" and end up having to try it in the house and taking the card out to see if anything happened.

5. flyingmole

flyingmole New Member

May 9, 2016
    Male
    i spoke to my friend who has the same one last night he told me its meant to flash green to red when recording but it does nothing

6. Jonathan

Jonathan Drone Expert
    Crew

Aug 31, 2013
    Male
    Drone Aerial Photographer
    York
    I guess it's either broken then, or you're not doing sometjhing you're supposed to do? Can you take yours to your friend's and see if they can get it to work, then you will know if it's you doing something wrong or if the drone is broken?

7. flyingmole

flyingmole New Member

May 9, 2016
    Male
    next to the throttle lever theres a switch thats up for photo down for video