Motor overload. Aircraft will decelerate to ensure safety

Discussion in 'DJI Drones' started by Mystery.Shadow, Dec 25, 2016.

1. Mystery.Shadow

Mystery.Shadow Active Member

Nov 17, 2015
    Male
    Been getting this message since the new DJI Firmware Update. None of the motors on my Inspire 1 seem to be having any difficulty, and they all spin freely.

Was wondering if this was an actual issue, or is everyone getting this same message?
    I'd like to hear from Mavic and Phantom operators as well.

2. Mystery.Shadow

Mystery.Shadow Active Member

Nov 17, 2015
    Male
    Reply stolen from another forum. I apologize if that is taboo.

"Its a warning against excessive current drain when one increases the RPM of the motors and its good to have it in place. TB47 have lower capacity so you are more likely to see it on those. Usually, these warnings will come toward the end of the flight when the available max draw current is lower. It would happen early in a flight if the batteries were cold."

3. Jonathan

Jonathan Drone Expert
    Crew

Aug 31, 2013
    Male
    Drone Aerial Photographer
    York
    Not sure of the exact message, but I get those a lot as the battery wears down. Not so much with the Phantoms, but a lot with the Inspire Pro with the heavier x5 camera as the battery runs down a lot quicker. Usually says something like max output reduced, often when I'm on the way back anyway.

4. TishawnFahie

TishawnFahie New Member

Feb 7, 2017
    Male
    Flying my Inspire I saw the same message... I've been ignoring it for now. I believe the firmware update introduced that strange message...