GoPro Karma Drone! first thoughts!

Discussion in 'General Drone Forums' started by Sara, Sep 19, 2016.

1. Sara

Sara Drone Minds Presenter/Pilot

Sep 9, 2015
    Female
    York, UK
    #1 Sara, Sep 19, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2016
    Looks like GoPro is finally catching up with the rest! The first news about the GoPro drone has been circulating since last year. We have waited 2 years since the release of the GoPro Hero4 for something new.
    Can GoPro Hero5 ($399) and the Karma drone potentially position GoPro not only as already having the most popular action camera but also a drone?

Foldable, compact and with a competitive price tag.

Available from Oct. 23 the price starts at US $799.99 and if you want to include a GoPro Hero5 it will cost you $1,099. The handheld grip for stabilized shots is an exciting addition and it's soon to become a standard for hobby drone consumers. You can also buy that desperately for $299.

The touch screen controller, 3-axis camera stabilization and 12 Megapixels photos.
    Passenger mode lets others see the live drone feed on their smartphones and also operate the camera. No more friends trying to get a glimpse of your FPV screen and distracting you while you fly!
    The Hero5 has a waterproof design even without the protective case. Water damage on the drone camera should not be a problem up to 33ft.

Does that mean GoPro will be changing the market? Perhaps it's worth investing in GoPro shares (Their shares have been falling since DJI introduced its own drone integrated cameras) or maybe wait and see what DJI announces next week?

2. Jack Hodgins

Jack Hodgins New Member

Dec 5, 2015
    Male
    Full Time YouTuber
    Camberley Surrey
    Going back a little while GoPro was very much on the line of going bankrupt they was news they need to do something to bring them back in the games, so they decided to get rid of some of the old Gopro lines to save money to keep ahead above water. They was talk with DJI working with taking over Gopro but nothing came about DJI drop gopro hence this drone move. DJI is very set in this market and i do think they be nothing coming up that could touch DJI tech , maybe come close which i think Yuneec has done but there isn't anything that could take DJI place.

Going back a little while DJI CEO sold the company but do we know who to? with the way the phantom 4 is looking i just thinking does Apple own DJI now? Apple was bringing out a drone back in 2015 but nothing come of this so i now thinking did apple buy DJI?