Drones landing pad questions

Discussion in 'General Drone Forums' started by Anita, Jun 14, 2017.

1. Anita

Anita New Member

Jun 13, 2017
    Female
    Hello guys!

I need an advise from the drone fans and experts :). My boyfriend is fond of drones, and I plan to present him some nice accessory .

Heard about landing pads, there are many on Amazon. Is that a really useful thing or a kind of toy? Anyone using? Can you pls advise on the size and other features that matter.

May be you can think about more useful accessories that you'd love to have for your drone as a present? I am open for the ideas. Really want to find something good for his hobby!!

Thanks!

2. Jonathan

Jonathan Drone Expert
    Crew

Aug 31, 2013
    Male
    Drone Aerial Photographer
    York
    Hi, do you know which drone he has? I used to have a landing pad, and it seemed kind of useful if the ground was no good, but I accidentally left it behind on a construction site and lost it, and never bought another one so perhaps I didn't need it as much as I thought? Does he wear hats, like baseball caps or visors? That might be an idea? Or a backpack for his drone if he hasn't got one already?

3. Anita

Anita New Member

Jun 13, 2017
    Female
    Hi!
    The model is very similar to this one https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00SHUEPBK/ref=s9_dcacsd_dcoop_bw...
    Thank you for your input about the landing pad, I now realise that it's not the perfect gift :)
    Regarding the backpack, is it some special kind for drones?
    In another forum I was advised the case like this http://www.supercheapauto.com.au/Product/ToolPro-Safe-Case-560-x-430-x-215mm/326046, quite like it. but backpack is what he uses regularly, so if there are some dedicated backpacks, I'd definitely go for it.

4. Jonathan

Jonathan Drone Expert
    Crew

Aug 31, 2013
    Male
    York
  5. Anita

Anita New Member

Jun 13, 2017
    Female
    That looks great! Really like it. Thank you a lot for so valuable advice!
    Just one question, can you tell me - when I was thinking about landing pads and reviewed them on amazon, I was wondering - why they mostly orange, black or blue with quite a boring design - just all are very similar? Is it somehow attractive for the drone fans? :) Sorry, just being curious.

6. NinjaChang

NinjaChang New Member

Jun 14, 2017
    Male
  7. Jonathan

Jonathan Drone Expert
    Crew

Aug 31, 2013
    Male
    York
    There are lots of different designs. Mine was army camo with a white H. Some place print any design you want.

8. NinjaChang

NinjaChang New Member

Jun 14, 2017
    Male
    No wonder you lost it. lol

Jonathan likes this.
  9. Jonathan

Jonathan Drone Expert
    Crew

Aug 31, 2013
    Male
    York
    Well, yes. I didn't misplace it though, I just forget to take it home with me and it was gone the next time I went. Probably got buried under the mud after a crane or bulldozer ran over it or something? :)