DJI WORST COMPANY EVER

Discussion in 'General Drone Forums' started by IOHIM, Jun 19, 2017.

Tags:
  1. IOHIM

IOHIM New Member

Jun 18, 2017
    Male
    I bought a new phantom 4 in January, flew it EVERYDAY for three months... drone malfunctioned and flew away... I sent DJI EVERYTHING they requested, this was 3 1/2 months ago and they have done NOTHING... two separate occasions I asked to speak to a supervisor only to be placed on hold for 90 minutes then 100 minutes, then each time I was hung up on !!! Latest is the serial # of my controller doesn't match their records, it's the ONLY controller I've ever had, you know the one that came WITH the drone !!! How does one argue with Sophia from China via email !!! They wore me out, I'm done... DON'T BUY DJI !!!

2. Jonathan

Jonathan Drone Expert
    Crew

Aug 31, 2013
    Male
    Drone Aerial Photographer
    York
    Did you buy it directly from them?

3. IOHIM

IOHIM New Member

Jun 18, 2017
    Male
    DSLR PROS in California... they imeadiatly washed their hands of it and said to deal with DJI...

4. Jonathan

Jonathan Drone Expert
    Crew

Aug 31, 2013
    Male
    York
    #4 Jonathan, Jun 19, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2017
    Oh, that's quite bad. I thought dslr pros was quite high end, quite expensive?

What's the story with your drone? Why do you think it flew away, what went wrong?

P.S. are you on Twitter? DJI replied to this post on Twitter asking for a DM.

5. IOHIM

IOHIM New Member

Jun 18, 2017
    Male
    it acted as though I lost one of the motors... I still had some control but not enough to bring it back... DJI should know exactly what went wrong through the flight records and data I sent them, but Jonathan they have acted as though they are messing with me on purpose !!! Either that or they are the most incompetent group of folks ever... if I provided all the details you wouldn't believe it... twice on hold for 90 then 100 minutes to speak to a supervisor only to be hung up on both times... it goes on and on and on... my mission now is to warn others!!!

6. IOHIM

IOHIM New Member

Jun 18, 2017
    Male
    Yes I'm on twitter, they asked for a DM to keep this quiet... zero chance of that happening !!!

7. IOHIM

IOHIM New Member

Jun 18, 2017
    Male
    One more note... they permanently banned me on the Phantom Pilots site simply for telling this story... that site is managed by DJI...

8. Jonathan

Jonathan Drone Expert
    Crew

Aug 31, 2013
    Male
    York
    I don't know all the details of why you were banned, I don't follow their forums. I always think it's best to stay calm though and persevere. I had a similar trouble with Yuneec, but it did get sorted eventually, after about 4 months and messages. DJI is a lot bigger though so have a lot more to deal with.
    Do you have a different drone now, are you flying something else?
    Are you an experienced pilot?