Best Camera Settings for Phantom 3 Video-Edit

Discussion in 'DJI Drones' started by UnlimiteDrone, Jul 2, 2016.

1. UnlimiteDrone

UnlimiteDrone New Member

Jun 14, 2016
    Male
    These are my settings for the Phantom 3 , feedback would be great :)

Sara and Jonathan like this.
  2. Jonathan

Jonathan Drone Expert
    Crew

Aug 31, 2013
    Male
    Drone Aerial Photographer
    York
    I made this image a year ago this week. Some of it is slightly different info to yours because it's for film makers only. Your video is good. I didn't mention the shutter speed for some reason. If you can't get the shutter speed to look right at double the frame rate, you can use multiples of the frame rate without it looking wrong. Also, shutter speed at twice the frame rate is to create a natural motion blur, but there are some occasions where you want it to look unnaturally sharp to create a different effect. :)
    dji-p3-film-makers.jpg

3. lotusteve

lotusteve Member

Oct 28, 2015
    Male
    sheffield
    hi Jonathan, can you explain the framerate ? i just got it into my head that the faster i have this set the smother my video would look.
    i have mine at FHD: 1920x1080p set at 60.....but there is all these framerates.. 24/25/30/48/50/60

4. Jonathan

Jonathan Drone Expert
    Crew

Aug 31, 2013
    Male
    Drone Aerial Photographer
    York
    60 fps second is ok, though that is for NTSC screens (America), where the UK equivalent is 50fps. Is will be smother though, you are right, because there is more information in there. However, my image was talking about movie and TV productions, like you see in the cinema, where they use 24 or 25 frames per second because it looks more natural, as in how your own eyes view the world. When video/film producers shoot at higher frame rates, 60, 120fps etc, it's usually because they want to slow it down back to 24 or 25 for slow mo action etc.

lotusteve likes this.