Aeriality Video Pushbroom

Discussion in 'Drone Aerial Videos and Photographs' started by Jonathan, Sep 20, 2014.

1. Jonathan

Jonathan Drone Expert
    Crew

Aug 31, 2013
    Male
    Drone Aerial Photographer
    York
    Just been having a go with Aeriality Video Pushbroom, which is a program that works via the internet and converts aerial videos into a sort of stitched orthographic image or sweep.
    You need a video that is pointing straight down for it to work properly. I could only find some old footage of Selby in Yorkshire pointing straight down that was taken from a plane bobbing about all over the place, so I used Warp Stabilizer on it first to get this image. I'll do a proper video with this in mind on a quadcopter and brushless gimbal next to get better results.

I wasn't sure about Aeriality Video Pushbroom at first, thinking you may as well take photos and stitch them together, which is true if you want a really hi res image, but I think I can see a use in its simplicity.

Check it out here: https://www.aeriality.io/ it's free to use, you get 3 video credits per month but you can use 1 credit on the same video as many times as you like, so you could make lots of different 'sweeps' from one video.

[​IMG]