Early One Cold January

Discussion in 'Drone Aerial Videos and Photographs' started by sims stash, Jul 20, 2017.

1. sims stash

sims stash Member

Mar 8, 2017
    Male
    Vancouver BC

Has anyone had any major issues with their batteries flying in the cold?

DukeM likes this.
  2. Jonathan

Jonathan Drone Expert
    Crew

Aug 31, 2013
    Male
    Drone Aerial Photographer
    York
    Only problems with drone batteries in Winter is they just don't last as long, discharge a bit quicker. Also with DJI stuff you often can't lift off unless you warm the batteries first. DJI Inspire 2 warms batteries for you though, and I guess future Phantoms and other DJI drones may do this also?

3. Dava

Dava Active Member

Sep 3, 2013
    Male
    Walrus polisher.
    Nice houses where is that? Did you have problems with batteries in the cold?

DukeM likes this.
  4. DukeM

DukeM Member

Jul 21, 2015
    Male
    Koln
    I also like the houses, and it is strange to see the snow when it is very hot outside.

5. sims stash

sims stash Member

Mar 8, 2017
    Male
    Vancouver BC
    This was some long lost footage. I decided to put it together and post it for something different to look at in the summer. Thank you for watching DukeM

6. sims stash

sims stash Member

Mar 8, 2017
    Male
    Vancouver BC
    This was shot in Vancouver BC Canada. I did end up having some cold battery warnings and brought the little bird down pretty fast.

7. sims stash

sims stash Member

Mar 8, 2017
    Male
    Vancouver BC
    I have been worried about the battery level dropping really fast while it is high in the air.. I have heard stories about the level going from 75% to 0% in seconds when it is really cold