Welcome to the Drone Minds Forums

Discussion in 'General Discussions and Intros' started by Jonathan, Jul 17, 2015.

1. Jonathan

Jonathan Drone Expert
    Crew

Aug 31, 2013
    Male
    Drone Aerial Photographer
    York
    Hi Carl, I like your determination with the P2, and glad you got it sorted in the end. I think one of the bothe rmembers on here is in ypour neck of the woods, @CarbonBlack ?

Flying Harrogate likes this.
  2. Ron Cole

Ron Cole New Member

Jan 22, 2016
    Male
    Hey there All.

I am Ron from Round Rock, Texas just north of Austin. I have been flying drones for almost a year. I have almost a dozen. My two favorites are the Bebop with Skycontroller and the DJI Phantom 3 Pro. I have a lot of plans to do backpacking this summer and get a ton of footage.

3. Jonathan

Jonathan Drone Expert
    Crew

Aug 31, 2013
    Male
    York
    Cool, we have the Bebop with Skycontroller and the P3 as well. :)

4. Athony

Athony New Member

Jan 26, 2016
    Male
    Hello Everyone...

I'm Anthony from London England, living in Shenzhen China.
    I have been in the 'market' of drones for many years, and I used to work for DJI where I helped launch the Phantom 2 Vision and the EVO S800 around the world.

I am now a co-founder of a new drone company called XenoSky, looking to launch our products to the market very soon.

5. Jonathan

Jonathan Drone Expert
    Crew

Aug 31, 2013
    Male
    York
    Hi Anthony, looking forward to hearing about xenosky.

6. Lisa

Lisa New Member

Jan 26, 2016
    Female
    Hello everyone! I'm Lisa from Brooklyn and I am a manufacturer of photography filters for DJI 3 P&A and Zenmuse X3. I would love to get some feedback and ideas on what types of filters and accessories combined would enhance aerial photography on these models and others. We have two kits out now containing UV, CPL, ND4 and ND8 and we are looking forward to expanding our line to further accommodate aerial photographers.

Here are our two current filter kits.. http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/searc...&N=0&InitialSearch=yes&sts=ma&Top+Nav-Search=

James T and Jonathan like this.
  7. Ragnarok

Ragnarok Member

Jul 28, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    Hello Carl, welcome to the forums.

8. Ragnarok

Ragnarok Member

Jul 28, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    Oops, missed 3 others! Hello Anthony, Ron and Lisa.
    Lisa, forgive if this is w stupid question, but how does the cpl filter work on the phantom? Don't you normal move those around in a circle tto get it how you want?

Lisa likes this.
  9. Lisa

Lisa New Member

Jan 26, 2016
    Female
    Thanks Ragnarok :) Not a stupid question at all. Rotating it before flight depending on your angle to the sun should cut the reflections over water and soften the sky. What are you flying and what filters do you use for special effects?

10. mixedinkey

mixedinkey New Member

Feb 15, 2016
    Male
    Hi all, I'm Ray and I live near Chester in the UK and have just bought a Phantom 3 quad. This is my first video taken with it:

Peter and Jonathan like this.
  11. Jonathan

Jonathan Drone Expert
    Crew

Aug 31, 2013
    Male
    York
    Hi Ray, those clouds look mint, I bet you get great sunsets over the water there?

mixedinkey likes this.
  12. mixedinkey

mixedinkey New Member

Feb 15, 2016
    Male
    Hi Jonathan, thanks The sunsets are nice when it's not raining most of the time .

Jonathan likes this.
  13. OutFlyer

OutFlyer New Member

Mar 3, 2016
    Male
    Civil Engineering
    Fort Collins, Colorado
    Thanks for letting be a part of this group! I am relatively new to the use of drones but I am getting up to speed. Being a part of this group will be a great help and I hope to contribute as well!

Sara and Jonathan like this.
  14. Jonathan

Jonathan Drone Expert
    Crew

Aug 31, 2013
    Male
    York
    Great, thanks for joining! :)

15. Jason

Jason New Member

Mar 8, 2016
    Male
    Hello good people! Always love to check out drone videos and now I'm making my own. I'm in the LA area and would love to network, I am going to make a business out of this!

Sara likes this.
  16. Ragnarok

Ragnarok Member

Jul 28, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    Hello Jason and welcome to the forums. :)

Jason likes this.
  17. Scarletsboy

Scarletsboy New Member

Mar 29, 2016
    Male

Well I am new here and new to drones having my Phantom 3 Advance for 3 months now and love it

18. Sara

Sara Drone Minds Presenter/Pilot

Sep 9, 2015
    Female
    York, UK
    Welcome to the Forum @Scarletsboy your flying is really good considering you've only been doing it for a month. Need to visit Wales soon:)

19. Just a quick post to say HELLO to one and all from the North East of England. I finally got round to joining up having bumped into Jonathan and Sara at Roseberry Topping, North Yorkshire earlier in the year. I've been flying my DJI P3A since last summer and really enjoy it. I've been a photographer for many years, predominantly of wildlife but also other things here and there. I used to fly model helicopters, everything from small indoor electric stuff to huge jet turbine powered 3D stuff. I decided to combine my photography with enjoyment of flying models and, well, here I am! I work offshore so my time off is basically playtime if the weather is good (alas not today)!
    I've my own website Darren Clark Photography where I've already posted a few aerial pictures and Vimeo video links so guess that's a start if you want to check me out! Hopefully catch up with everyone at some point...

20. James T

James T New Member

Apr 20, 2016
    Male
    Hi Everyone, I live between the Philippines and Austria. I am looking at mapping my wife's farm to design better irrigation systems. I am working closely with various green technologies. I have always been into cinematography from the early 1980's with cine projectors and 35mm cameras. I am avid editor of video and photographs, I love mixing music with movement. I have bought a Phantom 3 standard to get me going and understand how to fly it manually and also understand the various features and capabilities. I will be taking my CAAP license here in the Philippines to allow me more freedom to shoot with permission. I am looking to bring some very interesting perspectives of the philippines, not the usual beach shots but some historical 3d models. I look forward to discussing and debating, assisting in anyway on this forum... Thank you.

Peter likes this.