Help me buy my first drone.

Discussion in 'Drone Beginners Corner' started by charbel bernaba, Apr 16, 2017.

1. charbel bernaba

charbel bernaba New Member

Apr 15, 2017
    Male
    First hello guys, im new to this form and as i heard this is the best forum out there. Im a beginner i flyed some rc helicopters before but nothing special. Im looking into drones now the beginner ones. That has good life time battery, good battery, and i prefer if i can connect it to my phone like high tec stuff, and has good accuracy cause im a beginner, i hope u guys hit me up with some suggestions.

2. Peter

Peter New Member

Apr 27, 2016
    Male
    Drone pilot
    Australia
    Charbel my first (real) drone was the DJI Phantom 3 Standard. Many told me I made the wrong decision at the time, however it proved an excellent low cost entry. I still have it despite now advancing to the DJI P4 and then Inspire 1 Pro. It is also compatible with many flight applications to do basic mapping and 3D modeling etc such as Drone Deploy and Maps Made Easy etc

I still enjoy flying it and use it regularly as a practice drone in atti mode to test my skills against the elements and maintaining orientation. It has been instrumental in maintaining and improving my flying skills at low cost risk should I make an error. So far so good an no crashes and this wonderful bird still flying and taking great pics.

I still have a "need" to get a Yuneec Pro and dream of a Matrice 200 in my stable....can never have enough drones :)

3. Jonathan

Jonathan Drone Expert
    Crew

Aug 31, 2013
    Male
    Drone Aerial Photographer
    York
    Depends how many bucks you have to spend?

4. charbel bernaba

charbel bernaba New Member

Apr 15, 2017
    Male
    Under 200$

5. Mick

Mick Member

Oct 15, 2014
    Check out the UDI range..A good starter camera drone such as the UDI U842-1 or also check out the E-Flight 180QX

6. Jonathan

Jonathan Drone Expert
    Crew

Aug 31, 2013
    Male
    Drone Aerial Photographer
    York
    Some of the higher spec Hubsan are very good.

7. DivenParker

DivenParker New Member

Mar 9, 2017
    Male
    DJI Phantom 3, Phantom 4, Mavic, flight time about 28mins, but they are a littele expensive; Xiaomi mi drone 4K is a good choose, it is a new product and easy to control, but you should cost at least $500. Wingsland S6, a pocket drone, just the same size to iPhone 6S, it still need $350. It is hard to find a $200 drone.

8. Neil Jackson

Neil Jackson New Member

Jul 24, 2017
    Male
    Hi Charbel,
    I suggest you to choose drones as per your need and budget.
    Because there are lots of options in the market. refer this article which is more helpful for us.
    Check Here >> https://goo.gl/u4T53M

9. Ragnarok

Ragnarok Member

Jul 28, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    I do not think the first one is name Zeroth, is typing mistake?
    Plus they are all selfie drone and I do not think the op wanted that?

10. James Parkhurst

James Parkhurst New Member

Jan 28, 2020
    Male
    #10 James Parkhurst, Feb 3, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2020
    I started with a Snaptain S5C. Its easy to control especially for beginners, good camera, and the price tag is below $100. I think its one of the best drones below $100.