yuneec 4k and Dashware

Discussion in 'Yuneec Drones' started by Vmaxcec, Jan 5, 2016.

1. Vmaxcec

Vmaxcec New Member

Dec 24, 2015
    Male
    Crowborough
    Hi all,
    Ive just downloaded Dashware as I want to put the telemetry graphics over my videos.. ive watched a couple of yuotube vids but its all very vague ( to me lol).
    Has anyone got a tutorial so I can add this to my vids.. im using adobe premiere elements 14 software to edit.

Thanks

Dave

2. Jonathan

Jonathan Drone Expert
    Crew

Aug 31, 2013
    Male
    Drone Aerial Photographer
    York
    I did have a little play with it to put some info on this video at 30 secs:

I think there might be flight logs on the SD card under the battery in the Yuneec radio? I'm not sure, never tried it with Yuneec. I will try to have a look today, then make a short video if I figure it out. :)

3. Vmaxcec

Vmaxcec New Member

Dec 24, 2015
    Male
    Crowborough
    thanks.
    there is info on the sd card in the transmitter...just a load of text that makes no sence to me lol... but apparently has to be converted so Dashware can read it.. according to one youtube vid.

4. Vmaxcec

Vmaxcec New Member

Dec 24, 2015
    Male
    Crowborough
    Right,
    Ive converted the telemetry files, all good. synced the video and data together, all good. the gauge on the video flashes on for a few seconds and off for a few seconds all the way through the vid and when I came to create the finished vid... dashware crashes lol...
    Not having much luck with it

Dave

5. Jonathan

Jonathan Drone Expert
    Crew

Aug 31, 2013
    Male
    York
    I haven't had chance to look yet, been filming all day for ITN today, just got back. I know that it always crashes with 4K video, that it can only handle 1080p or less if that's any help?

6. Vmaxcec

Vmaxcec New Member

Dec 24, 2015
    Male
    Crowborough
    Ive sorted it..... Apparently Dashware doesn't like 4k, so I had to render it down to 1080p... which i did quickly with windows moviemaker, there was the other problem.... .wmv isn't supported in Dashware lol... so rerendered it with premier elements.
    Success :)

7. Vmaxcec

Vmaxcec New Member

Dec 24, 2015
    Male
    Crowborough
    lol, I was putting my lastest post on when your reply popped up..

Dave

Jonathan likes this.
  8. Jonathan

Jonathan Drone Expert
    Crew

Aug 31, 2013
    Male
    York
    Ah, cool. Nice one. :)