Welcome to the Drone Minds Forums

Discussion in 'General Discussions and Intros' started by Jonathan, Jul 17, 2015.

1. Vernon Deck

Vernon Deck New Member

Jan 12, 2017
    Male
    Hi, my name is Vernon. I'm a professional photographer with nearly 20 years experience. I shoot mainly action sports and lifestyle for many international brands. My first taste of flying drones was a year ago when 3DR sent me a complete set-up as part of their ambassador program. I've used the Solo a bunch and have only good things to say about it. I'm not someone who really takes sides, I see camera equipment as tools with which I can get better results. I might change to a Mavic in the near future just for the portability.
    I started You Tube channel about 12 months ago in order to learn the art of filming/editing. I'm slowly getting better;)

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgF3P33zmbewXrksprcvFJA

donatas likes this.
  2. Jonathan

Jonathan Drone Expert
    Crew

Aug 31, 2013
    Male
    Drone Aerial Photographer
    York
    Hello again, I would love to visit that area someday! I totally agree about not taking sides, I just use whatever best fits my needs at the time. If something better comes along I will switch brands withought any qualms at all!

3. 1nsan1ty

1nsan1ty New Member

Feb 22, 2017
    Male
    Hi, thanks for adding me. I'm mostly into mini quads, but always being tempted by some more stable aerial photography!

Jonathan likes this.
  4. Lars Bertelsen

Lars Bertelsen New Member

Mar 1, 2017
    Male
    Hi, Lars from Denmark, Ultralight plane owner. Lives on an airfield, where there is an Antonov 2! Try to understand the secret about 3D modelling with my Mavic and flying with AutopilotLogic(student!). Only hobby, no business. have tried Agisoft standart, with poor result. but it will possible for me to be owner of the standart edition.

5. Hi everyone. I'm Brandon from Tech Review by IRDI. I have been in love with air vehicles since the Air Force. I recently lost a job a few months ago and in the time since then, my family and I have gotten into the drone world. I started reviewing them on youtube mostly, but enjoy flying and modding them. I'll post reviews from time to time bringing my technical expertise to the hobby. Hope to discuss new topics with folks and share our experience.

6. Jonathan

Jonathan Drone Expert
    Crew

Aug 31, 2013
    Male
    York
    Hi, what is IRDI?

7. LOL, my last name. Lot's a people ask that. It sounds like birdie, but without the b. I have videos of our hobby on Youtube, and I dabble in Hemi's, muscle cars, and I have a computer business at home. But lately just fixing things other than computers these days.

8. Dan

Dan New Member

Jun 1, 2017
    Male
    Hi, my name is Dan and I am currently pursuing some opportunities/business ventures in aerial photography. Would like to learn as much as I possibly can. I have always had an interest in drones but decided recently to take it to the next level. Thought it would be greatly beneficial to be able talk to other enthusiasts to find out the latest and the greatest.

9. Dan

Dan New Member

Jun 1, 2017
    Male
    What is everyone's suggestion as to what software and device to use when editing. There are so many it can be overwhelming. I am looking for the best quality. I am purchasing a Phantom 4 pro.

10. Dan

Dan New Member

Jun 1, 2017
    Male
    What kind of drone do you use?

11. I like to use Pinnacle Studio Ultimate. The current version with all the updates. You can add packages but it comes with a lot. You can also have all the possibilities for green screen, but I haven't dabbled yet. For instruction, I would Youtube search tutorials. Some are built in, but it's better to see real world instructions. Most can be demanding on a PC or Video Card as well. So be prepared and patient when dealing with your system specs.

12. Thomas

Thomas New Member

Jun 3, 2017
    Male
    Hi am Thomas from Glasgow Scotland in the UK I have a q500+4k and it's only 3weeks old enjoying flying the bird fitted my new carbon fiber strut brace

Attached Files:

13. Jonathan

Jonathan Drone Expert
    Crew

Aug 31, 2013
    Male
    York
    Oh, never saw that before, the strut. That's good, the legs are a bit floppy/bendy. I guess it protects the camera a bit as well?

14. Sam Freeze

Sam Freeze New Member

Jun 7, 2017
    Male
    Hey, I'm Sam. I'm a young drone film maker, maybe the youngest on these forums, from Norfolk, UK. I have a YouTube channel with currently three videos. The latest being the best quality. I try and upload all of my video in 4K using a Phantom 4. I would appreciate it if you guys checked out my channel, the videos on there, especially my most recent and subscribe if you like what you see!

Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgYzvlP3XYqfKTQ5Olds5ig

Most recent video:

Jonathan and Dava like this.
  15. Dava

Dava Active Member

Sep 3, 2013
    Male
    Walrus polisher.
    Hey, welcome to drone minds! You should put something on the home tab of your yt. There's nothing on it now so you have to hit videos to see anything.

Jonathan and Sam Freeze like this.
  16. Sam Freeze

Sam Freeze New Member

Jun 7, 2017
    Male
    Will do tomorrow!

Jonathan likes this.
  17. Cool Videos!

Sam Freeze likes this.
  18. Dave Thurber

Dave Thurber New Member

Jun 25, 2017
    Male
    Hi All!

I'm a retired advertising photographer who became intrigued with drones for both the FPV flying as well as the photography.

I have a well-used and somewhat abused DJI Phantom 1. Currently I have a couple of micro drones with which I am trying to learn the mysteries of radio binding and Betaflight.

19. Dava

Dava Active Member

Sep 3, 2013
    Male
    Walrus polisher.
    Hi Dave. Did you get the P1 when it was new? I don't know micro drones is it a brand?

20. Dave Thurber

Dave Thurber New Member

Jun 25, 2017
    Male
    Yep. I got it within a few weeks of its introduction. Makes it pretty much a dinosaur now:).

Micro drones are a category mine are both 90 mm wheelbase and are FPV. Both are eachines; one the Aurora 90 and the other is a QX90C.

Jonathan likes this.