Welcome to the Drone Minds Forums

Discussion in 'General Discussions and Intros' started by Jonathan, Jul 17, 2015.

1. Custer

Custer New Member

Nov 20, 2015
    Male
    Thank you for welcoming me :)

2. Custer

Custer New Member

Nov 20, 2015
    Male
    Then you should visit the Philippines :)

3. Mystery.Shadow

Mystery.Shadow Active Member

Nov 17, 2015
    Male
    I'll put that on my to-do list. :)

Custer likes this.
  4. Jack Hodgins

Jack Hodgins New Member

Dec 5, 2015
    Male
    Full Time YouTuber
    Camberley Surrey
    Hi all My name Jack Hodgins and i run a YouTube Channel called Jack's Drones all about drones from taking them apart to unboxing reviews and in the new year going to travel around the UK and visit all my followers and do interview with anyone working in the Drone world. You can follow me on the following below.

How to find me.

https://www.facebook.com/jacksdrones
    https://www.youtube.com/user/jackdjiphantom
    https://twitter.com/jacksdrones
    http://www.skypixel.com/user/jack-hodgins
    https://blab.im/jacksdrones
    https://www.instagram.com/jacksdrones/

My Last Video to the UK Drone Show

Sara and Ragnarok like this.
  5. Mystery.Shadow

Mystery.Shadow Active Member

Nov 17, 2015
    Male
    Welcome to DroneMinds Jack!

6. Ragnarok

Ragnarok Member

Jul 28, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    Hi Jack. It looks like a good channel you have, I will watch. :)

7. Jack Hodgins

Jack Hodgins New Member

Dec 5, 2015
    Male
    Full Time YouTuber
    Camberley Surrey
    thank you

8. Jack Hodgins

Jack Hodgins New Member

Dec 5, 2015
    Male
    Full Time YouTuber
    Camberley Surrey
    thank you it slowly growing and getting a lot of response from drone company wanting there product review so keep watching new video coming up :)

9. Jonathan

Jonathan Drone Expert
    Crew

Aug 31, 2013
    Male
    Drone Aerial Photographer
    York
    Hi Jack, welcome to Drone Minds. I didn't get to meet you at the show, but Sara said you were great, a nice guy and really helpful. Great yt channel, I'm sure it will get even better and bigger with tonnes of followers. :)

10. Benji350

Benji350 New Member

Dec 12, 2015
    Male
    Hi All, My Name's Ben, I was 1st introduced to the Drone world by a good friend of mine only a couple of weeks back, then in turn attended the UK Drone show at Birmingham NEC last Saturday and was recommended to join the forum by Sara.

To Cut a long story short , ended up buying myself a starter drone (Hubsan x4) and 7 batteries to increase my flight time and have got almost 2 hours of indoor flight time with the drone in since last weekend can now fly and land without crashing and go in the correct direction at least :D.

Looking forward to posting youtube videos of outdoor flights :D and hopefully looking to build a bigger one with time.

11. Jonathan

Jonathan Drone Expert
    Crew

Aug 31, 2013
    Male
    York
    Hi Ben, really well done getting to know the hubsan. If you can totally get used to that, really own every move, flying bigger more expensive stuff will be much easier. You'll be better at flying than a lot of folks for sure.

12. grahmc

grahmc New Member

Dec 6, 2015
    Male
    Engineering Manager
    Daventry UK
    Hi Guys an Gals my name is Graham and I live in Daventry. I have been flying a DJI phantom for twelve months or so and I am keen to get into building a 250 size flyer from scratch. I visited the drone show uk last weekend and my wife bought me a Spectrum DX7 for Christmas and I bought a set of Fatshark Dominators for when I get into fpv.

Not really sure what frame etc to buy but very interested to hear some of your views. Looking forward to meeting some like minded people here in the future.

13. Jonathan

Jonathan Drone Expert
    Crew

Aug 31, 2013
    Male
    York
    Hi Graham, welcome to the forums. The choices for racer frames are huge. Anyway, you can start a new topic about that, get the info you need then update us as you go. :)

14. Ragnarok

Ragnarok Member

Jul 28, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    Hi Ben and Graham, welcome to Drone Minds. :)

15. Jack Hodgins

Jack Hodgins New Member

Dec 5, 2015
    Male
    Full Time YouTuber
    Camberley Surrey
    thank you it was a busy show and meet up with loads of my subscribers, i did pop back few time but keep missing ya lol my channel growing daily as it seem to have new subscriber every day and been like this since i started. I got a competition coming up shortly and the price is a storm racing drone ready to fly, and i have new supplier sending me a drone to review from the US.

Did you get a good respond from the Drone Show? i offered a stand by being the first one i wasn't sure weather to do a stand or just walk around taking video, next year i will do a stand as this year was very mad, even Simon Newton has people asking for me on his stand.

16. Jonathan

Jonathan Drone Expert
    Crew

Aug 31, 2013
    Male
    York
    Yeah, it was very good. We met lots of people and made lots of contacts, and like you met a few subscribers and people from here too. It was the first time we tried having a stand. Definitely worth a try. People come to you and you have somewhere as a base, to keep stuff and have leaflets or whatever and other stuff to give out. Things you can't really do just walking around. Having said that it did cost a lot of money, not so much the stand space itself, but all the other stuff that goes with it. Next expo we go to will be just walking around again, but I think we might do the stand again at the next drone show - it's a good fit for us, and probably you as well I guess? A lot of the other expos are more stuffy, all "UAV solutions" with suits and ties, which is interesting for walking around and meeting reps etc, but not a good fit as an exhibitor for what we're doing.

17. Jack Hodgins

Jack Hodgins New Member

Dec 5, 2015
    Male
    Full Time YouTuber
    Camberley Surrey
    how much did they charge you for your stand?

18. Jonathan

Jonathan Drone Expert
    Crew

Aug 31, 2013
    Male
    York
    I think it was about 290 quid, then we had to pay more, another 160ish, to have electricity and a light?

19. Jack Hodgins

Jack Hodgins New Member

Dec 5, 2015
    Male
    Full Time YouTuber
    Camberley Surrey
    Wow not bad if you selling stuff but still is a lot of money, well the UK Drone Show is now part of the Farnborough AirShow now and that be in July 2016 so that be one to look forward too.

20. Jonathan

Jonathan Drone Expert
    Crew

Aug 31, 2013
    Male
    York
    Yeah, it was quite a lot for us not selling anything at all, so not something we can do too often at the moment. Probably will go to Farnborough, should be brilliant whether you have a stand or not. Nice and warm too hopefully. :)