Walkera QR Y100 FPV

Discussion in 'General Drone Forums' started by Jonathan, Dec 7, 2013.

1. Jonathan

Jonathan Drone Expert
    Crew

Aug 31, 2013
    Male
    Drone Aerial Photographer
    York
    [​IMG]
    Here is a newcomer in the world of multirotors dedicated to FPV.

Walkera is a well known brand so it should be pretty good. The QR Y100 is a small FPV hexacopter, which I believe is powered by six brushless motors.

The measurements of the QR Y100 are 24.6 cm in length with a width of 25.4 and 9.4 high. The props are about 4 inches, similar to those on the Blade mQX.

The battery is a 3.7V Lipo 850 mAh which allegedly give you 20 minutes of flight.

It can be controlled with a smartphone (iOS or Android).

Walkera will sell an RTF version with the TX5805 module, which combines a camera and 5.8 GHz video transmitter and the Devo F4 radio with LCD screen that displays a real time video image from the FPV camera.

The RTF version will be about £310 with a BnF version at about £150.

http://www.banggood.com/Walkera-QR-Y100-5_8Ghz-FPV-Hexacopter-With-DEVO-F4-Transmitter-RTF-p-909554.html

2. holyforehead

holyforehead New Member

Aug 31, 2013
    Getting a Star Trek sort of theme going on here, it'll be interesting to see how well it actually flies, I've never tried Walkera products but I have had a mini quadcopter previously (From a gadget shop called Red5) which had a similar look to some of Walkera's products and flew quite well!

Not sure I'd trust the 20 minutes of flight time they've quoted, the mini quad I had carried a 3.7v 500mAh which I could push to around 10 minutes if I remember correctly. With 6 motors to feed I'm not sure such a small battery will live up to the full 20 minutes, but I'm happy to be proven wrong.

Might look into buying one of these, any idea when it's slated for release?

3. Jonathan

Jonathan Drone Expert
    Crew

Aug 31, 2013
    Male
    Drone Aerial Photographer
    York
    I don't know. Someone in Hong Kong is selling one an ebay for a big price.