Safe Flying and Regulations for Drone Pilots

Discussion in 'Drone Beginners Corner' started by Jonathan, Dec 31, 2015.

1. Jonathan

Jonathan Drone Expert
    Crew

Aug 31, 2013
    Male
    Drone Aerial Photographer
    York
    I have written a Drone Minds page that describes safe flying practices for drone pilots, as well as some general regulations.

If anyone spots any mistakes or wants to add anything, or remove or dispute any of it please feel free to comment.

A link to the page is on the main menu and here:
    http://www.droneminds.com/forums/index.php?pages/safe-drone-flying/

Nota bene: It is not the intention of Drone Minds to be any kind of drone police or regulations enforcer. The page is merely there to advise new and existing pilots on how to fly safely and stay out of trouble and within the law.

2. dronehdtv

dronehdtv Active Member

Good Job, this was my first Flight with a drone and hopefully legal.. And with all the new drones as xmas presents I hope the advise will useful as back only 6 months ago it was hard to find. Thanks John

And the guidelines are useful as I have found since my first flight that some of my footage is illegal to a extent. But safety is a big must and helpful

Jonathan likes this.
  3. Jonathan

Jonathan Drone Expert
    Crew

Aug 31, 2013
    Male
    Drone Aerial Photographer
    York
    Thanks. Nice flight. I don't think there's too much to worry about in that kind of environment.

4. dronehdtv

dronehdtv Active Member

Well I found that there was a lot of birdlife in the area when 2 small swallows attacked the Yuneec lol. So I flew it away not to disturb them and then 1000 seagulls then lifted from the beach. So birds are now a big factor for me that I dont disturb them if possible.

5. Sara

Sara Drone Minds Presenter/Pilot

Sep 9, 2015
    Female
    York, UK

yeah I think both birds and dogs are a concern. We went out flying the Yuneec recently on an large open field somewhat dominated by dog-walkers and one of the dogs went mental when we were landing, even though it was barking at it very close! I dont think it would be stupid enough to attack it, then again you never know. I'd say the best way way to avoid it, would be to alert any dog owners that appeared near during your flight, I would do it just before I land so they can walk away or put a dog on a lead if they decide to stick around (they probably want to see the drone as much as the dog)

watching your video makes me really miss the summer.... weather has been rubbish over here! 69 days till Spring :D