1. Got some footage with my SJCAM running 1080P at 30 fps flying above West Sunbury, Pa. last Friday.

2. Jonathan

Jonathan Drone Expert
    Crew

Aug 31, 2013
    Male
    Drone Aerial Photographer
    York
    Doesn't look to bad actually, the quality of drone video. Pity the legs are in the way though.

3. Yes, I had to order a mount. The sjcam was kinda rigged at this moment. There are actually two cameras on it during this flight. Can't wait to get the new one, with the leg extensions.

4. Jonathan

Jonathan Drone Expert
    Crew

Aug 31, 2013
    Male
    York
    Maybe you can modify your drone with retracting legs. I always wished someone would make telescopic UFO style retracts. I don't think anyone has yet?

5. Well, I could see it being a little easy with the right servo setup or even an actuator rack. Power would only be intermittent when needed too. That's a great idea. And using Carbon Fiber would be the key for weight. I need to get a better transmitter that I can program to control it. Not the toy level transmitter that came with it. I haven't gotten to a point to financially support the better setups yet. But craving to. I want to try a grabber arm or something. There's a lot of creator and builder pieces out there. Someday soon! I wish I had a 3D printer.

6. Jonathan

Jonathan Drone Expert
    Crew

Aug 31, 2013
    Male
    York
    Yes, me too! Grabber arm sounds good. Hobby king has all kinds of super cheap bits you might be able to play with?

7. I'll check it out. Going out to fly in a minute too once my batteries are up.

Jonathan likes this.