Phantom 4 vs Phantom 3 Pro

Discussion in 'DJI Drones' started by Sara, Apr 11, 2016.

1. Sara

Sara Drone Minds Presenter/Pilot

Sep 9, 2015
    Female
    York, UK
    You might have already seen these videos on the YouTube channel? If not here’s parts one and two of the video comparison between Phantom 3 pro and Phantom 4.

A few updates:
    You can actually fit an additional battery in the Phantom 4 box, however if you’re hoping to have 3+ batteries and for longer-term use, then you should look into a stronger more robust box anyway.

Also thanks @Eric Matyas for the music
    A few people mentioned that there is not much difference between the footage from the drones and I agree. However when looking at still images you can see the edges of the frame are sharper/clearer in the Phantom 4. Saying that, it’s worth remembering that both cameras have a small 1/2.3 sensor compared to for instance to the larger Micro Four Thirds on Zenmuse X5 (Inspire 1). It is possible that the upgrade in the Phantom 4 refers to the software in the camera. We will try to make another comparison video possibly looking at the low light performance and time-lapse.

Phantom 4 offers 120 fps (frames per second) recording mode in Full HD, making it better for slow motion.

DJI_0018 (2).JPG Phantom4motor (1 of 1).jpg Saraonthebigrockwithdronesdarker (1 of 1).jpg

2. Mystery.Shadow

Mystery.Shadow Active Member

Nov 17, 2015
    Male
    Nice comparisons.

But the Subject confused me. "Phantom 4 vs Phantom 4"

3. Jonathan

Jonathan Drone Expert
    Crew

Aug 31, 2013
    Male
    Drone Aerial Photographer
    York
    I guess that was a typo? Anyway, edited title.. :)

4. DroneValley

DroneValley New Member

May 2, 2016
    Male
    I fly both and find far less "prop intrusion" in the video on the P4 because the motors are higher on the arms. I also like the crash-avoidance feature.

5. Sara

Sara Drone Minds Presenter/Pilot

Sep 9, 2015
    Female
    York, UK
    the props appearing less in the P4 video is a very good point! Crash avoidance is great, but I also found it activating when flying on the irregular terrain.

6. Mystery.Shadow

Mystery.Shadow Active Member

Nov 17, 2015
    Male
    Pretty neat, not something I would do to my own drone....

Poor Phantom 4. That's drone abuse!