Phantom 3 Advanced

Discussion in 'DJI Drones' started by Mick, Aug 4, 2015.

1. Mick

Mick Member

Oct 15, 2014
    I have a slight problem with the app freezing occasionally, but I think there's an update for the Android version coming soon. There was a firmware update released today.

2. Jonathan

Jonathan Drone Expert
    Crew

Aug 31, 2013
    Male
    Drone Aerial Photographer
    York
    I did the first couple of flights with my Android phone, which was ok but it did lag a bit. I switched to iPad mini 3 and it's a lot better. Better because it's bigger, but also less laggy because it has more processing power etc.

Still keep that app on my phone though in case I forget to charge the ipad, or just plane forget to bring it. :)

3. Mick

Mick Member

Oct 15, 2014
    I have a small problem with my Phamtom 3Adv. as it will not bank left or right with the right stick, but what it does instead is make the gimbal bank the camera. But I think I found a solution to the problem on the DJI forum as someone said that the C2 button at the back of the controller which I thought did nothing along with the other C1 button, is by default assigned to FPV mode on/off, which I must have pressed by accident,though it is easy do. Has Jonathan or anyone else came accross this slight software/hardware design flaw. I haven't tried to rectify  it yet, but hopefully it will workout.

4. Jonathan

Jonathan Drone Expert
    Crew

Aug 31, 2013
    Male
    York
    Yeah, you just need to assign those back buttons to something else. I have one of mine set to switch to map and back, and I think the other turns my exposure settings on and off. It's all done through the app.

5. Dava

Dava Active Member

Sep 3, 2013
    Male
    Walrus polisher.
    Re: Phantom 3 Advanced Leaked Upcoming Updates!

Sothese updates for the Phantom 3 Avanced are allegedly coming soon to help make feel better about Standard 2.7k and  so on.

From DJI forums.

1. Optimize aircraft performance with GS feature enabled.

2. Add 2.7K video output option for camera. Need use with latest beta APP. Android users can test this first.

Bug Fixed

1. Fixed the issue that APP alerts "Aircraft moving is detected" each time the aircraft powers on.

What's New
    1. Crash bug fixed.
    2. Add 2.7K video support for Phantom 3 Advanced.
    3. Add RTH altitude alert when aircraft takes off or triggers GS task.
    4. Optimize some UI experience.

TBH not sure what all this mean, just the 2.7k bit sounds cool to me.  8)

6. Jonathan

Jonathan Drone Expert
    Crew

Aug 31, 2013
    Male
    York
    Re: Phantom 3 Advanced Leaked Upcoming Updates!

Seems plausible, I'm interested in the GS features.

7. Mick

Mick Member

Oct 15, 2014
    The DJI App seems alot more stable on my android tablet since the last 2 updates compared when I first got my P3 it was doing my head in with freeze ups.