peak district

Discussion in 'DJI Drones' started by lotusteve, Mar 20, 2016.

1. lotusteve

lotusteve Member

Oct 28, 2015
    Male
    sheffield
    did this near banford edge in the peak district and 3 men on quad bikes pulled up where we was and told me not to fly because I was on open access land, I was just packing up so I had done my flying.

2. Sara

Sara Drone Minds Presenter/Pilot

Sep 9, 2015
    Female
    York, UK
    Hi Steve, beautiful landscape. How come someone told you off for being in the middle of nowhere? Do you think there were just one of those drone-negative people, that no much can be done about?

lotusteve likes this.
  3. lotusteve

lotusteve Member

Oct 28, 2015
    Male
    sheffield
    hi sara..we had just done flying and packing up when a tractor and two quad bikes came down the path to go up over the stream where we had been filming, the tractor pulled up at the side of me, he got out of the tractor and said you are not going to fly that here are you. i said why is there a problem, yes he said.... this is open access land and its in the rule book you cant fly on open access land.so when i got home i did some research and he is correct we cant fly on open access land with out permission from the land owner. so just be carefull when you are out and about or get permission from the land owner first.. dont know how we can find out who owns bits of land all over the peak district..

4. Sara

Sara Drone Minds Presenter/Pilot

Sep 9, 2015
    Female
    York, UK
    Thanks Steve, most of the land we fly over is privately owned and we often take off from nearby public footpaths so this topic could be debatable.
    That is useful information especially that we fly in this area too...seems like you were very unlucky with a possessive farmer.

lotusteve likes this.