Parachute System for the Yuneec Q500

Discussion in 'General Discussions and Intros' started by Thomas, Jun 3, 2017.

1. Thomas

Thomas New Member

Jun 3, 2017
    Male
    Am looking for a parachute system for the Q500

2. Jonathan

Jonathan Drone Expert
    Crew

Aug 31, 2013
    Male
    Drone Aerial Photographer
    York
    Do you mean to drop a parachute from the q500, or for the q500 to deploy a parachute in an emergency so it floats to the ground?

3. Thomas

Thomas New Member

Jun 3, 2017
    Male
    Mostly to Deploy in a emergency but seen the drop system and would like one of them anyone selling 1

4. Jonathan

Jonathan Drone Expert
    Crew

Aug 31, 2013
    Male
    York
    Sorry for the confusion, I moved your posts to make a new topic here. We made our own parachute drop system from a Hobby King dropper:

But we've since been sent a Flifli airdrop device which comes with its own little controller that's supposed to have a 300m range. It's been designed to go on a DJI Phantom, but there's no reason why you could get it to go on a q500.
    Not sure about one for saving the q500 though, you would have to make it yourself. Is there a reason why you want an emergency shoot?

5. Thomas

Thomas New Member

Jun 3, 2017
    Male
    Well reason I would like a emergency parachute is in case anything happens with the drone and it drops out the sky as it's not cheap so see the deploy system how much are these and who sells them

6. Jonathan

Jonathan Drone Expert
    Crew

Aug 31, 2013
    Male
    York
    I always thought they were a bit unnecessary these days. However, these guys have been going for a few years now. They don't list Yuneec, but there's no reason why it wouldn't work:
    https://www.marsparachutes.com/

7. Thomas

Thomas New Member

Jun 3, 2017
    Male
    Thanks Jonathan I have been in contact with them and they are working on a mount for the Q500 but don't have a excact time scale for production yet

8. Jonathan

Jonathan Drone Expert
    Crew

Aug 31, 2013
    Male
    York
    To be honest, if I wanted one I would just get their Phantom 4 version and just fit that to the Yuneec myself. It doesn't look like it would be very difficult to adapt.

9. ryanolivas

ryanolivas Member

Apr 2, 2018
    Male
    That will be a very nice idea sir so that your drone will be safe at all times and away from troubles that might destroy your drone.