New Yuneec Drone! 2016

Discussion in 'Yuneec Drones' started by dronehdtv, Jan 6, 2016.

1. dronehdtv

dronehdtv Active Member

#1 dronehdtv, Jan 6, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2016
    it came out today! and looks good and price wise better than the DJI Inspire!

2. Websiteauthor

Websiteauthor New Member

Dec 17, 2015
    Male
    I'm really excited about the potential for this aircraft. The collision avoidance system, waypoints, POI are all features I've wanted to see. I like that the aircraft retains control if a motor fails as well. Anything that adds safety to a platform is a good idea to me.

I'm in the minority on this, but I don't see the reason for a 360-degree camera unless you plan to fly with two operators (which the Typhoon H will support, by the way). I can rotate my aircraft much more smoothly and predictably than I can tilt the CGO3 camera with the gimbal control on my Q500. Unless they improve the responsiveness of the gimbal control on this new H, I don't see how panning with it will be as good as simply rotating the aircraft. So for me, the rotating camera is actually a negative on the H at this point - but that could change as the release date gets closer and I can see it in action.

3. Jonathan

Jonathan Drone Expert
    Crew

Aug 31, 2013
    Male
    Drone Aerial Photographer
    York
    #3 Jonathan, Jan 10, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2016
    I like it too. Regarding panning the camera, it is a bit smoother turning the camera while the drone stays still than it is turning the whole drone around. But you're right, it is more use for a two person setup. Having said that, the POI would work great with full 360 movement too if you can lock the camera on your target and fly around however you like. Also, it's true that most new hexas can still fly with a motor failure, but then there are more motors to fail in the first place. I'm hoping they can make a version of their other cameras for this too, like the one that zooms. It would be great to pan around and zoom in and out on things and get images from far away. It means you can get close-ups of buildings etc without having to fly close to them, say in a built up area where you're not allowed to fly or where there are lots of people - you can be in a field or safe spot away from danger.

4. Websiteauthor

Websiteauthor New Member

Dec 17, 2015
    Male
    Theoretically, I agree with you completely on the 360 pan capability. I just know how wonky and inconsistent the current gimbal tilt function is on the ST-10+. I guess that's really what I'm waiting to see on the H - will the gimbal control be improved so I can pan reliably and consistently with it. Right now I'm panning with the yaw on my Q500 and it works very well, so the new camera solves a problem I don't have while adding no value in terms of improved image quality. But we shall see - if nothing else it will be fun to fly the H while my brother mans the camera. He will get a kick out of that.

I love the idea of a zoom! This would be a great feature that would make the aircraft safer to fly because you wouldn't have to go near subjects - the wide angle lens works against us in that respect. We'll just have to deal with more peeping toms who are peaking into windows or back yards with a zoom, but you can't stop stupid people from being stupid unfortunately.

5. Jonathan

Jonathan Drone Expert
    Crew

Aug 31, 2013
    Male
    Drone Aerial Photographer
    York
    Yeah, I have a zoom setup on a self-build with a Naza V2 flight controller. It would be nice if something more up to date could have it all in one package. It makes nice video shots as well if you can control the zoom speed, zooming out or in one a subject is a good movie staple.

Near infrared for crop surveys would be nice too, and FLIR for fire and electrical inspections.