Mystery's latest videos!

Discussion in 'Drone Aerial Videos and Photographs' started by Mystery.Shadow, Nov 27, 2015.

1. Ragnarok

Ragnarok Member

Jul 28, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    Great video, and very brave. :)

Mystery.Shadow likes this.
  2. Mystery.Shadow

Mystery.Shadow Active Member

Nov 17, 2015
    Male
    Thanks. I was quite nervous the first time over (deep!) water. But Drone Minds told me a few things that stuck with me. I did it!!

Jonathan likes this.
  3. Mystery.Shadow

Nov 17, 2015
    Male
    Flying over one of the local Universities in my tiny part of the planet:

4. Mystery.Shadow

Nov 17, 2015
    Male
    Not exactly "Drone" related, but it IS shot with a DJI Osmo....

5. Mystery.Shadow

Nov 17, 2015
    Male
    Winter Storm Jonas dropped 30" (That's 76 centimeters!) of snow on my area.
    Although it doesn't look like it, my shovel and back say otherwise!

Sure looks quiet and peaceful from up there!

Sara likes this.
  6. Mystery.Shadow

Nov 17, 2015
    Male
    A quick video of the recent snowfall:

Video Description: DJI Inspire 1 flying around Haystack Mountain. Nice views of the recent Winter Storm Mars snowfall on the Cumberland, Maryland area. Sorry for the short video, but the conditions for flying were not favorable! Low temperatures, high winds, and actual snowfall! But I wanted to get some aerial video, even if the flight was short.
    The DJI Go App constantly warned about low battery temperature and low voltage. The DJI Go App and Inspire 1 seriously limited power output to protect the TB47 65 LiPo Battery!

7. Mystery.Shadow

Nov 17, 2015
    Male
    You can see the snow storm brewing in the distance, and when the Inspire 1 lands you can clearly see, it's snowing!

What kind of fool flies in low temperatures with high winds and actual snowfall?!

8. Mystery.Shadow

Nov 17, 2015
    Male
    Yeah, this video is boring. But that's the point!
    Look how stable this platform is!

...Although the Sunset lasted longer than my battery, I continued to film even when on the ground.
    According to UAVforecast, the winds at 400 feet (122 meters) at this location and point in time was 21 miles per hour (34 kilometers per hour). The Inspire 1 handled these winds like a champ. You can barely notice movement in the video!

9. Jonathan

Jonathan Drone Expert
    Crew

Aug 31, 2013
    Male
    Drone Aerial Photographer
    York
    Is that speeded up video or actual time lapse photography from photographs? One thing I'm hoping for with the latter is for DJI to allow shorter intervals than 5 seconds for photographs, 1 or 2 seconds would be great. I did this time lapse four months ago. One image every 5 seconds for 20 minutes doesn't get you a lot of video at 25fps. :)

10. Mystery.Shadow

Nov 17, 2015
    Male
    Yeah, I cheated. I simply sped up the video. Like you, I am disappointed with their so-called timelapse. Typically, when I do "real" timelapse with my GoPro for example, I set it for one frame every half second.
    Doesn't look like it, but the Inspire was up in the air for over ten minutes!
    And yeah, it wasn't as cool as I would have hoped. Your video is much more interesting.
    But I am impressed with the Inspire's ability to stay in one spot!

11. Jonathan

Jonathan Drone Expert
    Crew

Aug 31, 2013
    Male
    York
    Agreed, would have been impossible to do this not very long ago.

12. Mystery.Shadow

Nov 17, 2015
    Male
    The Drone Industry is moving forwards by leaps and bounds! What was unthinkable just a few years ago is reality today!
    I can't wait to see what the future holds for us!

13. Mystery.Shadow

Nov 17, 2015
    Male
    Interesting Sidenote: While the Inspire was hovering up there, a bunch of Buzzards came around to investigate. They began circling around 150 to 200 feet. Far below the Inspire's hovering altitude of 400 feet. I originally thought it was just a fluke, but when the Inspire landed, all the birds vanished.

Has anyone else experienced such phenomenon?!

14. Mystery.Shadow

Nov 17, 2015
    Male
    Flying my DJI Inspire 1 around some orchards on top of mountains surrounding Cumberland, Maryland.

I apologize for the short flight. It doesn't look like it, but the cold weather (41 Fahrenheit / 5 Celsius) and high winds (Gusts to 37 miles per hour! / 59 kilometers per hour!) cut it short!
    You can see the Inspire 1's props several times in the video. Something you don't normally see, this was due to the pitching of the Inspire in an attempt to keep the camera level.

How windy was it? Look at 02:15 in the video. Check out the shadows the clouds are casting!

** Once again, you can see Buzzards coming around! Has anyone else experienced this?

15. Jonathan

Jonathan Drone Expert
    Crew

Aug 31, 2013
    Male
    York
    Cool. We don't really have buzzards here, apart from as pets sometimes, but I do fly near a landfill site once a month where there are thousands of gulls. Been going over a year now without issue, but they're always on my mind.

16. Mystery.Shadow

Nov 17, 2015
    Male
    Luckily I have not hit a bird, nor had one attack mine. Seen plenty of video of that!

A flock came close to me in this video: Check around 01:33

I got real nervous when they turned towards my drone, fortunately, they turned again and flew past, not through!

Am I the only idiot who flies around mountaintops?! Maybe that's my problem. I'd like to revisit this location again when the orchards are blooming and the weather is more favorable to drones.

Still having a hard time using the word "drone".

17. Jonathan

Jonathan Drone Expert
    Crew

Aug 31, 2013
    Male
    York
    If there were mountains near here we would be up there all the time!

Mystery.Shadow likes this.
  18. Mystery.Shadow

Nov 17, 2015
    Male
    What kind of idiot flies in these conditions?!

Nasty day on the mountaintop! High winds (As seen by the movement of the windmills!) An anemometer shows gusts of up to 41 miles per hour! (66 kilometers per hour)
    Looks like we're in for some foul weather as well. A storm looms ominously to the North.
    Sorry for the short flight, but the conditions were just not favorable.

19. Mystery.Shadow

Nov 17, 2015
    Male
    Sorry for the absence. (Did you even miss me?!)
    Where has Mystery been?!

The Cruise Line, Royal Caribbean, is rather draconian when it comes to bring "Drones" aboard. They won't even let you 'check' them as "controlled" items. They just plain say NO!

I can (sort of) understand where they're coming from. MANY people would abuse them and "spy" on people, or buzz the beach, flyby of the ship, etc. But there are some of us good guys who use Drones for good.

20. Jonathan

Jonathan Drone Expert
    Crew

Aug 31, 2013
    Male
    York
    Welcome back lol, I bet you had a great time, even droneless. :)