My Channel

Discussion in 'Drone Aerial Videos and Photographs' started by Sam Freeze, Jun 8, 2017.

1. Sam Freeze

Sam Freeze New Member

Jun 7, 2017
    Male
    #1 Sam Freeze, Jun 8, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2017
    Hey, I'm Sam. I'm a young drone film maker, maybe the youngest on these forums, from Norfolk, UK. I have a YouTube channel with currently three videos. The latest being the best quality. I try and upload all of my video in 4K using a Phantom 4. I would appreciate it if you guys checked out my channel, the videos on there, especially my most recent and subscribe if you like what you see!

Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgYzvlP3XYqfKTQ5Olds5ig

Most recent video:

2. Jonathan

Jonathan Drone Expert
    Crew

Aug 31, 2013
    Male
    Drone Aerial Photographer
    York
    Hi Sam, I checked out your vids. Are you making them for a hobby or are you hoping to go pro someday? What are you usi9ng to edit them?

3. Sam Freeze

Sam Freeze New Member

Jun 7, 2017
    Male
    Hey, Jonathan. At the moment I am making them as a hobby on weekends and in the holidays as I am still in school, however it would be fun do make them professionaly. To edit them I use iMovie on a iMac.

4. Jonathan

Jonathan Drone Expert
    Crew

Aug 31, 2013
    Male
    York
    I just watched the one with the range rover. I think you have the right idea, timing the video edits with the music, but it would look a lot better if you went to a totally different view where you change on the beats, like from the back to the side to the front etc. It looks wrong when the video jumps to an almost identical view on the beats. Also, was the camera shaking or something? You can see some warping from software stabilization or something I think?

5. Sam Freeze

Sam Freeze New Member

Jun 7, 2017
    Male
    Yeah, the one with the Range Rover was my first video and the editing wasn't the best i admit.

6. Jonathan

Jonathan Drone Expert
    Crew

Aug 31, 2013
    Male
    York
    It's all good really, just getting out there and doing stuff is the main thing to start. I don't want to be too critical when you're figuring out your own style. If you've got a passion for it your movies will get better and better over time.

7. Sam Freeze

Sam Freeze New Member

Jun 7, 2017
    Male
    Yeah. I've noticed that in my own videos. All advice is greatly appreciated!

8. DukeM

DukeM Member

Jul 21, 2015
    Male
    Koln
    It seem there is a lot of random movement in your video. I mean your flying movement not camera, like you are learning to fly. It is nice view.

9. Sam Freeze

Sam Freeze New Member

Jun 7, 2017
    Male
    On which one?

10. DukeM

DukeM Member

Jul 21, 2015
    Male
    Koln
    The above one. At 29 seconds it is still then start moving, I think for movie you would edit that out. Then at 34 you turn left, then turn right a bit like a correction at 37, which is ok for flying video but for movie making you would not usually do that, you would keep going straight like smooth camera. Then at 1min you stop flying and pause bouncing in the air for brief moment which reminds me the viewer that I am watching a drone video and not a movie. All those kinds of unnatural movements are what I am meaning. I only say these things because you say you are a drone movie maker and you like advice. This just my opinion on movie making, to treat the drone like a dynamic camera more than a flying machine to achieve dynamic movie shots.

11. Dava

Dava Active Member

Sep 3, 2013
    Male
    Walrus polisher.
    I like the quirky music and style.