Micro SD Cards

Discussion in 'Yuneec Drones' started by MrH, Nov 8, 2015.

1. MrH

MrH New Member

Nov 8, 2015
    Greetings
     As a New Drone enthusiast I am wondering if the SD Card Write Speed is a concern for the 4K Camera? I am into photography and I use  high speed Ultra Compact Flash cards with my Canon 7D, as I take most photos in RAW Format.
     Taking video with a 4 K Camera, is there a general preference for a particular speed for the memory card if so your thoughts. 
    Thanks
     Mr.H

2. Jonathan

Jonathan Drone Expert
    Crew

Aug 31, 2013
    Male
    Drone Aerial Photographer
    York
    Write speed isn't as important for video as it is for photography when shooting continuous bursts. Still, it makes sense to get a nice sd card with plenty of space. 4K video files can use up space pretty quickly. I'm using these: http://www.amazon.co.uk/SanDisk-Extreme-microSDXC-Adapter-Version/dp/B013P1M436/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1447005670&sr=8-1&keywords=SanDisk+Extreme+64+GB+microSDXC - they work well.

3. MrH

MrH New Member

Nov 8, 2015
    Thank you for your help. I appreciate the response.
    MrH

4. CarbonBlack

CarbonBlack New Member

Oct 6, 2015
    Hello MrH,
    I kind of disagree but agree with the write speed thing, ive used a Sandisk card with low write sppeds and found the footage can take an age to transfer and a little choppy sometimes in raw format from the camera. I say Raw as in unedited and straight from the card. I use these https://www.cliftoncameras.co.uk/Lexar-128GB-microSDXC-UHS-I-Class-10-Card-with-Reader and find its fast and no chop. But that could be my Watercooled PC i use to edit. Just stick to the same rules as you do with a DLSR and you will be fine.

5. MrH

MrH New Member

Nov 8, 2015
    Thanks CarbonBlack
    Im not so much worried about the Read speed as I am about the write. I've learned that the larger the photo the faster the write speed needs to be.
    Thanks for your help

6. CarbonBlack

CarbonBlack New Member

Oct 6, 2015
    Yes, sorry i meant the write sppeds to the disc, no lag is preferred.