just saying hello

Discussion in 'Yuneec Drones' started by CarbonBlack, Oct 7, 2015.

1. CarbonBlack

CarbonBlack New Member

Oct 6, 2015
    Hello, And firstly thanks for the inclusion to the forum.

Ok I’m new to quadcopter, drones or whatever the correct term is. Arial camera seems a more politically correct term that doesn’t upset the locals. I’ve been a keen amateur photographer for some time and very lucky with my job that I get the chance to travel around Europe and further afield. It’s because of this that I decided to buy a quad. I researched the many available and didn’t like the look of the DJI, looked too much like a toy to me and the fact you had to use and app and your own tablet to view was a no. The Walkera, well I had a helicopter and crashed that, so no. I’ve recently uploaded a video of my very first flight and my first time editing of a video like that. So please feel free to comment on what I’m doing wrong, or right hopefully.

_XDDonk5yoc
    Thanks again
    Oh and a sample of my DLSR photo from around the world with work

[img=528x296]http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb73/northern-monkey/Kryg%20mountail%20rig_zpsnv1z7hyz.jpg[/img]

2. Sara

Sara Drone Minds Presenter/Pilot

Sep 9, 2015
    Female
    York, UK
    great video, I think you went at the right time when the sun was just perfect...we're struggling sometimes to find a matching royalty free music, where did you find yours? we've been using http://www.bensound.com/ got some intersting tunes;)

3. CarbonBlack

CarbonBlack New Member

Oct 6, 2015
    Thnaks for those kind words. I was lucky with the light but i was testing the exposure and i think i was a couple of steps off. the Music is from a California based group ive spoken to in the past about using their music. its free to download from Soundcloud and i contected them directly. it hard i guess but getting easier.

thanks again

4. Dava

Dava Active Member

Sep 3, 2013
    Male
    Walrus polisher.
    Hey. What's that in the snow mountain picture is it a mine or something? Nice video. :cool:

5. CarbonBlack

CarbonBlack New Member

Oct 6, 2015
    Hi
    Its a abandoned Russian Exploration drill rig thats situated in the Kumptor gold mine in Kryghstan. I spent some time traveling there supporting the drill crews and was very lucky with the eather that day and snapped a picture. Its situated at 5560m ASL.

Regards

6. Jonathan

Jonathan Drone Expert
    Crew

Aug 31, 2013
    Male
    Drone Aerial Photographer
    York
    Wow, sounds like an interesting job!

7. Ragnarok

Ragnarok Member

Jul 28, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    I agree, it sounds like you have a very interesting job. I would like to visit Russia one day.

8. DukeM

DukeM Member

Jul 21, 2015
    Male
    Koln
    Hallo there, interesting video. I like it but perhaps it is a little bit too long for a solitary location?