Hubsan H107D FPV X4

Discussion in 'General Drone Forums' started by Jonathan, Oct 21, 2013.

1. Jonathan

Jonathan Drone Expert
    Crew

Aug 31, 2013
    Male
    Drone Aerial Photographer
    York
    Just discovered yet another Hubsan mini quadcopter, the Hubsan H107D FPV X4 comes with a video screen on the transmitter so you can FPV it.

It's a pity the camera isn't higher res though, at least 720p should be the minimum for this kind of price, around 100 quid, I think.

2. holyforehead

holyforehead New Member

Aug 31, 2013
    Hmm I wonder if it's the same as the Hubsan Spyhawk where you have to keep the transmitter pointing almost directly at the aircraft to maintain video signal?

Regardless, I do quite like the design and prices seem to range from £140 to £200 from what I can tell which does seem incredibly overpriced considering I paid £200 odd for the larger IdeaFly IFLY-4. I agree Jonathan, I'd expect better video quality for that sort of price and something that small (length is 120mm)

3. pligo

pligo New Member

Oct 29, 2013
    I hope this is the way the bigger boys go, a transmitter with a built-in monitor for the Phantom would be awesome

4. Jonathan

Jonathan Drone Expert
    Crew

Aug 31, 2013
    Male
    York
    The new quad from Walkera quad has a TX with screen, looks pretty cools too.

Also this guy has made a modified TX for the Phantom: http://www.dronemakerstore.com/

5. pligo

pligo New Member

Oct 29, 2013
    Interesting, but pig-ugly! Looks like something from the 1970s

What do you think about mounting one of the 2.4" or 5" DVRs on the existing transmitter, with, say a 200mw Vtx on the Phantom? Am I right in thinking the small 2.4" DVR has a fixed rubber duckie? Claims to work at 100metres, LOS. Do you think this would offer a better quality and cost option? Would I get a better signal with a cloverleaf, just on the video transmitter?

6. Jonathan

Jonathan Drone Expert
    Crew

Aug 31, 2013
    Male
    York
    You be better off putting a paired set of cloverleaf/skew planer antennas on both ends, they usually come in pairs for that reason. Rubber duckies are just terrible for 5.8. You can mount a screen on your Phantom radio, my friend has done exactly that - he quite likes it..
    [​IMG]

7. pligo

pligo New Member

Oct 29, 2013
    Is he a member of this forum, can you put me in touch with him?

8. Jonathan

Jonathan Drone Expert
    Crew

Aug 31, 2013
    Male
    York
    No, he doesn't really do forums. I can probably get some better pictures of what he's done though if you like?

9. pligo

pligo New Member

Oct 29, 2013
    Yes, please, if he doesn't mind

10. Jonathan

Jonathan Drone Expert
    Crew

Aug 31, 2013
    Male
    York
    I saw him today but he's removed his home made screen attachment and is using a tripod instead. You could get one of these though: http://quadcopters.co.uk/dji-phantom-monitor-fpv-mount-1118-p.asp

11. Jonathan

Jonathan Drone Expert
    Crew

Aug 31, 2013
    Male
    York
    Just found this, looks better than above:
    http://www.infinity-hobby.com/main/product_info.php?products_id=10273