Gopro Karma Drone

Discussion in 'General Drone Forums' started by Dava, Nov 7, 2015.

1. Dava

Dava Active Member

Sep 3, 2013
    Male
    Walrus polisher.
    Sure most have seen this already but I didn't see it on here so thought I'd post it. Pity there's no view of the drone but the video looks pretty good. This could be an interesting drone for 2016 especially if they add a new mindblowing camera to go with it.

2. Jonathan

Jonathan Drone Expert
    Crew

Aug 31, 2013
    Male
    Drone Aerial Photographer
    York
    Saw it a few days ago. I like how they put a lot of tree branches in there to show how sharp and vibration free it is.

3. Mick

Mick Member

Oct 15, 2014
    Nothing new here, same awful wide angle lens, but I would like to see what the aircraft looks like

4. dronehdtv

dronehdtv Active Member

Have a feeling it was a DJI p2 WITH GOPRO on it. lol

5. Ragnarok

Ragnarok Member

Jul 28, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    Haha. I don't think it was a P2, but I do wish for them to make a new camera for their new drone.

6. Jonathan

Jonathan Drone Expert
    Crew

Aug 31, 2013
    Male
    York
    Totally agree there, I'm not a big fan of wide angle Gopro video. It used to be fine, but it's just everywhere now. After four years of seeing it I'm totally bored of Gopro footage.

7. Dava

Dava Active Member

Sep 3, 2013
    Male
    Walrus polisher.
    Seems they're calling it karma. Still no pics of this drone but there is a sign up for info and win one page
    http://shop.gopro.com/drones/karma/2016.html
    Was going to start a new thread for this but thought may as well keep this going. Maybe a mod can put karma in title?

8. Jonathan

Jonathan Drone Expert
    Crew

Aug 31, 2013
    Male
    York
    Changed thread title to Gopro Karma Drone, hopefully there will actually be a karma drone. :)

9. Dava

Dava Active Member

Sep 3, 2013
    Male
    Walrus polisher.
    I'm expecting a massive disappointment so whatever it looks like should be better than I expect lol.

10. Ragnarok

Ragnarok Member

Jul 28, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    Gopro making a drone seems so strange to me. Who are they working with? What expertise do they have to take on dji or even yuneec? They not even show any drawings or ideas.

11. dronehdtv

dronehdtv Active Member

They have worked with Yuneec and DJI,solo and others. They know the drone specs for each one and more..

12. Ragnarok

Ragnarok Member

Jul 28, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    Maybe, not sure about that? Onbviously they communicated with those companies on some level to help make gopro work for dji, yuneec and solo, but that doesn't mean they know all about respective drone specifics. I doubt they would share their specifics with gopro. I am just guessing of course. Maybe you have read something I have not?

13. dronehdtv

dronehdtv Active Member

If you are working with companies that gimble with cameras they want to know the specs.. thats for sure

14. Ragnarok

Ragnarok Member

Jul 28, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    I agree they would share gimbal, camera and video specifics, but I don't think they would share information about the flying technology. Well, not dji and yuneec at least. The solo technology is just taken from free available systems. Maybe gopro will be using that? I heard on news that Apple wants to buy Gopro yesterday. If that happened things will change a lot.