Foxtech M700-58DVR FPV Monitor and Recorder

Discussion in 'FPV Setups and Racing Drones' started by Jonathan, Sep 15, 2013.

1. Jonathan

Jonathan Drone Expert
    Crew

Aug 31, 2013
    Male
    Drone Aerial Photographer
    York
    Just got this in a Foxtech newsletter, the M700-58DVR.

I already have a Foxtech monitor which works very well. I do have a DVR recorder but I can never be bothered to hook it all up, so this might be pretty good as it's all in one. This means I can record all my actually FPV footage, which will be useful for me for two reasons. One, I can show FPV videos with all the OSD info displayed. Two, if I lose my plane of hexacopter I can review the video to get a better Idea of where it went/crashed than simply using my memory of the last thing I saw.

These monitors are not compatible with Airwave/Fatshark/Immersion RC transmitters as they are using different channels. These monitors use the following channels: (5705, 5685, 5665, 5645, 5885, 5905, 5925, 5945 Mhz)

Airwave channels are: (5740, 5760, 5780, 5800, 5820, 5840, 5860 MHz)

I think there is a monitor just out that covers both sets of channels (5.8 setups cover either one or the other of the above channels list). Really it would be better if this monitor did too.

2. pligo

pligo New Member

Oct 29, 2013
    Is this the same DVR that Buzz Flyer sell? If the screen is the same size as the Hubsan, would you be happy to fly your bigger quads with it, just for framing, not fpv?

3. Jonathan

Jonathan Drone Expert
    Crew

Aug 31, 2013
    Male
    York
    Do you mean the Hubsan screen on the radio? I don't think it's as big as 7"? I do use a 7" monitor on large hexacopters and octocopters for filming, framing shots like you say - works great.

4. pligo

pligo New Member

Oct 29, 2013
    No, the smallest one, 2.4", available at BuzzFlyer and Quadcopters UK. It's an all-in-one unit, but the antenna looks like its not upgradeable. I want the smallest I can get, and no further conections. Its just for framing, max 50 metres, line of sight

5. Dava

Dava Active Member

Sep 3, 2013
    Male
    Walrus polisher.
    I think you can change the aerial on the 5inch one?

6. Jonathan

Jonathan Drone Expert
    Crew

Aug 31, 2013
    Male
    York
    Just realised I ordered the small one from Goodluckbuy a couple of weeks ago, so should be able to let you know on that soon.

7. pligo

pligo New Member

Oct 29, 2013
    Thanks, I'll keep checking back.

8. Jonathan

Jonathan Drone Expert
    Crew

Aug 31, 2013
    Male
    York
    Just got this from Goodluckbuy:

hello sir

your packageOrderID:xxxx been returned back coz failed pass the custom checking

we will arrange resend by the HK post

wish this time it could arrive to you safely