DroneLabsLLC Drone Detector - Stopping DJI Phantoms Doing Bad Things

Discussion in 'Drone Minds Blogs' started by Jonathan, Jul 16, 2015.

1. Jonathan

Jonathan Drone Expert
    Crew

Aug 31, 2013
    Male
    Drone Aerial Photographer
    York
    Here is a funny conversation on Twitter with a company called Drone Labs that has made a drone jammer called 'Drone Detector TM', which seems to be focused and the DJI Phantom - they even have a DJI Phantom in their logo. The use of a drone jammer, if it works as they say, may not in itself be a bad thing, stopping people fly near airports for instance. However, their website has a sinister side in that it uses public paranoia about privacy and spying and 'bad things' that drones can be used for to try and boost sales, which I think is bad.
    What do you think?
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. DukeM

DukeM Member

Jul 21, 2015
    Male
    Koln
    I wonder if the @dronelabsllc jammer device can be fitted on planes after seeing Lufthansa news?

3. Dava

Dava Active Member

Sep 3, 2013
    Male
    Walrus polisher.
    Bin wonder the same thing only about california fires. Now that would be a good use if they could make like a forcefield no fly zone for dones. Bit dumb they blocked you though.

4. Jonathan

Jonathan Drone Expert
    Crew

Aug 31, 2013
    Male
    Drone Aerial Photographer
    York
    Totally agree (with Duke and Dava). If that was possible it would a brilliant use for the jammer. According to another twitter user blocking me was a standard reaction to dealing with trolls, so I guess they thought I was a troll?