Drone Spying-Do Privacy Experts Have This Right?

Discussion in 'General Drone Forums' started by Ben Walford, Feb 23, 2017.

1. Ben Walford

Ben Walford New Member

Jan 16, 2017
    Recently, I saw a rather disturbing video of a woman in her 20's beating up a young kid around 12 years old because she was dead set in her beliefs that he was spying on her with his drone. That wasn't the first time this had happened as I also saw an older man who had flight goggles on get suckered punched by a teenage male. He wasn't expecting that either.

Drone spying is one of the biggest concerns. However, to me it's overblown. The field of vision from the camera does not make it easy to really "spy" on anyone. Of course, I am considerate when I fly, always making sure that this is not a concern for anyone. It is also true that we as pilots need to be responsible flyers at all times. Of course, it helps that some of these drones such as Yuneec's H920 Typhoon has a zoom of 18 X. Still, I think privacy is less of an issue. Therefore, it is helpful to remember the five reasons drones are not good spying machines.

[​IMG]