DJI Phantom 4 or the Inspire?

Discussion in 'DJI Drones' started by George Keshushki, Oct 6, 2016.

1. George Keshushki

George Keshushki New Member

Oct 1, 2016
    Male
    Hey, I'm a film major and want to use drones rto film car scenes, etc. Im trying to figure out which drone I want to buy. Im sort of a beginner, but i know how to fly. Can anyone offer me any advice?
    http://dronelifestyle.com/drone-buying-guide/
    this site says the 4 is the way to go, but it doesnt really compare the cameras which i care about.

2. Sara

Sara Drone Minds Presenter/Pilot

Sep 9, 2015
    Female
    York, UK
    If you value the quality of the footage. Inspire 1 pro is a way to go. Especially If we don’t talk about the cost for a minute, then Inspire is a better choice.
    Phantom 4 has a smaller sensor (1/2.3” ) compared Micro Four Thirds on the Inspire camera series. Besides that, the Inspire gives you interchangeable lenses so you can choose between a few different prime lenses, and a couple of zooms.

The Inspire Pro comes with either the:

X5

• 4K video at up to 30fps

• Record at 4096×2160 (24fps) or1920x1080 (60fps)

• 16MP photographs

• 12.8 stops of dynamic range
    or the:

X5raw

• Lossless cinema 4K RAW video

• Record at 4096x2160 (24fps) or 1920x1080 (60fps)

• Average 1.7 Gbps bitrate (2.4Gbps maximum)

• Removable 512GB SSD

• 16MP photographs

• 12.8 stops of dynamic range

From a filmmaker point of view, If you consider inspire it’s also important to remember:
    Pros
    :Landing gear on the Inspire lifts up so you pan 360 degrees without anything obstructing the view.
    Cons:Inspire 1 is a much larger and heavier platform. It’s might not always be practical to carry it around to your shoot locations.
    Battery life is considerably lees so much shorter flight times.

3. George Keshushki

George Keshushki New Member

Oct 1, 2016
    Male
    Wow! Thats all the help I'll need. I really appreciate you spending the time to thoroughly explain everything to me. After reading your post, I'm convinced I'm gonna save a few more bucks and get the Inspire. Thanks again this response was such a treat :)
    Cheers!
    George

4. Sara

Sara Drone Minds Presenter/Pilot

Sep 9, 2015
    Female
    York, UK
    Glad I could help...Hope that soon you'll be able to have two of them. Always good to have back up ;)

5. boycelee

boycelee New Member

Aug 1, 2016
    Male
    Inspire maybe better

6. TishawnFahie

TishawnFahie New Member

Feb 7, 2017
    Male
    Spot on! I love my Inspire 1 but be careful - the inspire 1 comes with the x3 camera where you can't change the lens..You will have to get the Inspire 1 and then purchase the X5 or X5R camera...or the Pro that comes with the X5 or X5 raw or even the Inspire 2.

7. Jonathan

Jonathan Drone Expert
    Crew

Aug 31, 2013
    Male
    Drone Aerial Photographer
    York
    I would personally consider the new Phantom 4 Pro + now, which is has a big increase in camera quality.