DJI Phantom 3 Standard Edition

Discussion in 'DJI Drones' started by Jonathan, Aug 5, 2015.

1. Jonathan

Jonathan Drone Expert
    Crew

Aug 31, 2013
    Male
    Drone Aerial Photographer
    York
    Another @djiglobal Phantom 3. To miss out the cheesy teen coming of age bullshit, skip to 1:20.

Features: http://www.dji.com/product/phantom-3-standard/feature

It doesn't use Lightbridge like the other versions so limited range, but does have a 2.7k camera. It's basically a Phantom 2 Vision + with a new camera.

Price: GBP £649/USD $799

Attached Files:

2. Mick

Mick Member

Oct 15, 2014
    :mad:OH SH** **** :mad: , after just getting the Advanced version, and it has 2.7k camera, but no Lightbridge thank goodness, so not feeling to done by. Yeah them promo videos really suck.

3. Jonathan

Jonathan Drone Expert
    Crew

Aug 31, 2013
    Male
    Drone Aerial Photographer
    York
    Yeah, I'd still rather pay a bit more and have the Advanced. You can always get the better camera later if you find you need it. The lightbridge connection is invaluable, hate to fly without it now. Have to use the S900 with regular 5.8 downlink sometimes and it totally sucks by comparison. I actually thought there was something wrong with it the last time, but realized it was just that I got used to clear video feeds on my Phantom 3 and even the Yuneec.

The best part about the lightbridge in P3 etc is the range though, and the fact you can even go behind trees and brick buildings like tall chimneys without losing a signal. I've flown round a concrete tower before with other stuff and lost the signal when it went round the back, just had to keep moving and wait for it to appear round the other side - not any more. :)

4. Mick

Mick Member

Oct 15, 2014
    Thanks Jonathan, you're putting mind at ease :)with this info.