Crash Video. I forget to change my remote back to quadcopter.

Discussion in 'Drone Aerial Videos and Photographs' started by photojunky, Oct 30, 2017.

1. photojunky

photojunky Member

May 4, 2016
    Male
    It was bound to happen sooner or later. I crashed my homemade quadcopter testing a new gimbal. Like a dummy I forgot to change the remote back from my hexacopter to my quadcopter. Surprisingly there was very little damage.

2. sims stash

sims stash Member

Mar 8, 2017
    Male
    Vancouver BC
    Lucky Crash Man!

3. photojunky

photojunky Member

May 4, 2016
    Male
    I sure was lucky. There could have been so much more damage, and it even landed on my side of the fence.

4. Jonathan

Jonathan Drone Expert
    Crew

Aug 31, 2013
    Male
    Drone Aerial Photographer
    York
    Which controls are different between the two? Are they totally different machines with different types of flight controllers? Not that it matters, just curious. It looks like a pretty sturdy machine anyway.

5. photojunky

photojunky Member

May 4, 2016
    Male
    They are all identical fight controllers, Naza M V2, and all identical receivers, futaba's. That may be the problem. Actually, the problem was me not thinking which does happen every now and then :)

That quadcopter was scratch built with Gorilla Glue and duct tape. A testament to both products.