Changing Name to Drone Minds - what do you think?

Discussion in 'General Discussions and Intros' started by Jonathan, Jul 8, 2015.

1. Jonathan

Jonathan Drone Expert
    Crew

Aug 31, 2013
    Male
    Drone Aerial Photographer
    York
    I'm thinking of changing the name of the website from RC Flying UK to Drone Minds, and wondered if there are any opinions for or against before I do it?

Here are my reasons:
    1. The name is more relevant to today's interests, and 99% of the posts on the forums.
    2. Done Minds is quite a cool double meaning name. I.e. the minds or computers of the drones, as well as people who are thinking about and using drones have drones in mind.
    3. It might encourage more people to join as the subject is clearer. A lot of people don't even know what RC Flying means these days, crazy as it sounds.
    4. The name is easy to remember, easy to say and spell, which is always a good thing.
    5. RC Flying sounds a bit old fashioned and could be putting people off.
    6. I already own the name droneminds.com

Please, anyone, let me know if you disagree with any of the above and/or have any additional thoughts of your own.

2. Mick

Mick Member

Oct 15, 2014
    Yeah, I'm for it.

Here's another name suggestion RC ROTORHEAD (or HEADS), it just came to mind as it sounds like my favourite band, but also sounds like a heli part, so not sure would it be suitable.

3. Jonathan

Jonathan Drone Expert
    Crew

Aug 31, 2013
    Male
    York
    Not sure about RC Rotorhead, sounds even more exclusive than RC Flying. :)

4. Jonathan

Jonathan Drone Expert
    Crew

Aug 31, 2013
    Male
    York
    Name Changed to Drone Minds

All done now, new name, new logo and new address, same people. The old address redirects to this one, just hope current members don't get confused! :)