Bathymetric measurements with drones.

Discussion in 'General Drone Forums' started by Adam Buyskes, Jun 13, 2016.

1. Jonathan

Jonathan Drone Expert
    Crew

Aug 31, 2013
    Male
    Drone Aerial Photographer
    York
    I think I will give it a try seeing as they're relatively cheap.

2. Jonathan

Jonathan Drone Expert
    Crew

Aug 31, 2013
    Male
    York
    I got the Deeper Pro +. It would be great if it was usable for bathymetry on drones, being so light. It doesn't let you view the maps it makes anywhere other than on your phone though, they are not exportable in any way, and they are not very detailed anyway. It's does create some SqLite files, one that is sonar readings, but I don't know any programs that can make use of the data?

3. Seafax

Seafax New Member

May 9, 2015
    I did say it could stand a dose of looking into before deciding to buy it! ;)

SqLite is a file format used by (some versions of?) the SQL database software which can be found running on most internet servers. As such a simple php script could be used to interogate the database and export it's contents in any other format you can think of which could then in theory be used by other software to display it's output on things other than phones. Much more than that and I'd be getting into total guesswork but if you want to email me one of the SQLite sonar files I'd be happy to take a quick look on my server to see if I can set up a database to use it.

Col.

4. Jonathan

Jonathan Drone Expert
    Crew

Aug 31, 2013
    Male
    York
    #24 Jonathan, Jun 29, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2016
    I already used database software to look at the files, that's how I know one of them is sonar readings. The only problem is I'm not sure they're good enough for use with mapping software. I'm talking to someone in Australia about using it with their software. They've been very helpful so far.