Balance lead protector

Discussion in 'General Discussions and Intros' started by Mick, Nov 12, 2014.

1. Mick

Mick Member

Oct 15, 2014
    Bought a few of these recently, very handy, makes it easy to fit & remove the lead. It's a pity someone would'nt make an easy grip for deans connectors, I find the odd one fairly hard to pull apart.
    [​IMG]

2. Jonathan

Jonathan Drone Expert
    Crew

Aug 31, 2013
    Male
    Drone Aerial Photographer
    York
    I don't use deans anymore, they're not that reliable. They're prone to bad connections, shorting (if you wiggle the connection about), and have that nasty spring thing that breaks or bends sometimes. In think in the rc flying world in general they've sort of fallen out of favour over the last year or so.

I swapped all my deans for XT60 connections last year. Easier to solder and better connection. There's also XT90 connections which are bigger for bigger batteries, but I prefer EC5 connectors for those. I'm also using the new DJI spark proof connection, which aren't actually new as such but two different connectors mixed together, one for positive and one for negative, so you can't connect them the wrong way round.

Balance plug protectors seem a good idea though.