Autopilot 2.0 Available in the App Store

Discussion in 'DJI Drones' started by autoflightlogic, Sep 10, 2015.

1. autoflightlogic

autoflightlogic New Member

Sep 10, 2015
    [font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Autopilot v2.0 has been released to the App Store and is ready for download. We would like to thank all of the beta testers for your hard work and dedication. You have helped make Autopilot safer and better for everyone.[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]We need your help![/font]
    [font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Autoflight Logic is a software startup based in Austin, TX. While we love working on Autopilot, we need your support in order to continue developing new features and updates. What are the best ways you can support us?[/font]
    1. Buy Autopilot in the App Store
    2. Leave a 5-star, written review in the App Store
    3. Follow us on Twitter, FacebookYoutube, etc
    4. Tell all your friends about Autopilot, especially on forums
    5. Send us awesome Autopilot videos for our Home Page and Youtube channel
    [font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Download Now[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Thanks,[/font]
    [font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The Autoflight Logic Team[/font]

2. Sara

Sara Drone Minds Presenter/Pilot

Sep 9, 2015
    Female
    York, UK
    Looks like good value. Does the waypoints work same as DJI, you fly to them and use record button first?

3. autoflightlogic

autoflightlogic New Member

Sep 10, 2015
    Waypoint Mode is not available in 2.0 (will be in the next release): http://autoflightlogic.com/autopilot/support#72b932c3

4. Sara

Sara Drone Minds Presenter/Pilot

Sep 9, 2015
    Female
    York, UK
    Thank you for answering, it looks really good. I will definitely try it. Stupid question, but do you use this instead of the DJI Go app, like open this instead of Go and it just works?

And when waypoints is available will it work like the zip line where you record the points by flying to them, or can you put the points in before you visit the flying place?

5. Jonathan

Jonathan Drone Expert
    Crew

Aug 31, 2013
    Male
    Drone Aerial Photographer
    York
    Maybe we can try it for our next video?

6. DukeM

DukeM Member

Jul 21, 2015
    Male
    Koln
    That would be good. I would like to see how it works.

7. Jonathan

Jonathan Drone Expert
    Crew

Aug 31, 2013
    Male
    Drone Aerial Photographer
    York
    I've bought the Autopilot app and installed it. It's connected to my P3 ok. It seems quite complex though so I'm reading through the instructions before I try anything. I'm using an iPad Mini 3, but the instructions suggest a new model that has a baromoter, like an iPad Air 2, but that's a lot of money. Might be worth it if the Autopilot turns out to be really useful, for now I'm hoping I can just use functions where the baromoter on the ground won't be a must.