A UAV to Travel With?

Discussion in 'General Drone Forums' started by Mystery.Shadow, Nov 23, 2015.

1. Mystery.Shadow

Mystery.Shadow Active Member

Nov 17, 2015
    Male
    #21 Mystery.Shadow, Nov 30, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2015
    I originally came to the DroneMinds Forum as I found it a very informative and friendly forum. Not unlike many I have visited in the past!

I do use many forums (Firearms/Video Game/Offroading/Photography/Warhammer(Yes, really)/Fish Keeping), but have only asked this specific UAV question here. And even you, Dronehdtv, originally gave a very informative and helpful reply. And for that, I thank you.

As for my question on the DJI Forums, I have reason to believe Santa is bringing me an Osmo. (Hopefully with a Zenmuse x5!) :)

DukeM likes this.
  2. Mystery.Shadow

Nov 17, 2015
    Male
    Just saw this:

Looks promising! Any input?

Sara likes this.
  3. Mystery.Shadow

Nov 17, 2015
    Male
    Looks like the Cruise Ship I was hitting up the Caribbean with does not allow "aerial drones" on board.

Trying to get an answer to: Does this mean I cannot bring one on board at all? OR I cannot fly it on/from the ship.
    Nobody (at Royal Caribbean) seems to know the real answer to this.

4. Jonathan

Jonathan Drone Expert
    Crew

Aug 31, 2013
    Male
    Drone Aerial Photographer
    York
    I don't think they will stop you bringing it on, just don't want you flying about from the ship.

5. Mystery.Shadow

Nov 17, 2015
    Male
    Actually, certain passengers have said that Royal Caribbean will absolutely NOT ALLOW them to even be brought on board! Other Cruise Lines have required passengers to "check" the drones as if they were controlled/dangerous items but WERE allowed to get them off the ship at certain ports.

Trying to get the latter IN WRITING before bringing it.

6. Jonathan

Jonathan Drone Expert
    Crew

Aug 31, 2013
    Male
    Drone Aerial Photographer
    York
    Sounds a bit harsh.