Smokey flight from Paradise fire 150 miles away in SF Bay Area

Discussion in 'Drone Aerial Videos and Photographs' started by photojunky, Nov 19, 2018.

1. photojunky

photojunky Member

May 4, 2016
    Male
    This was my first flight since the wildfire in Paradise California started. The air some 150 miles away in the SF Bay Area is still smokey and listed as sometimes hazardous to unhealthy. I have been wearing a mask for days but feel guilty complaining about it after what the poor people of Paradise have gone through. The area is expecting its first rainfall of the season in a day or so which they expect will trigger landslides. There is no winning right now for the people of Paradise whose town was completely burnt down.

2. Jonathan

Jonathan Drone Expert
    Crew

Aug 31, 2013
    Male
    Drone Aerial Photographer
    York
    That's amazing, still love the P3. My P3 Pro still gets the most reliable signal over any other drone I've ever owned.

3. photojunky

photojunky Member

May 4, 2016
    Male
    I love my P3 advanced. I have a Phantom 3 Pro but don't use it as much, but it definitely has better range and also finds satellites much quicker. From what I have seen, the image quality is just as good as the newer foldable drones so why spend the money.

4. Jonathan

Jonathan Drone Expert
    Crew

Aug 31, 2013
    Male
    Drone Aerial Photographer
    York
    Yeah, the camera is the same as the mavic and the p4, only the p4 pro and mavic 2 has a better camera, but worse video range/connection than the p3pro.

5. photojunky

photojunky Member

May 4, 2016
    Male
    The Phantom series is also more stable than the smaller mavic.